An effect is cancelled, what are the precise effects?

By Lastmanstanding, in Android

Hi !

I played this AWESOME game twice now , and in the first game, playing louis I won, but as it was the first game for us all we did some things wrong.

In the second game we did most things right, thx to reading this forum. However some minor things are still unclear.

For example if an action is cancelled, What are the exact effects? What about costs?

I dont own the game so i can only tell from memory: For example in my second game i played as floyd and wanted go back to haas for maintenance, i used a dropship pass to get there quick (or so i thought), when one of the other players played a dark card that cancelled my dropship move.

NOW I guess it is safe to assume that my dropship pass is gone without effect and without doubt, I cant use it again and it is returned to the pile BUT did i pay the movement of using the dropship pass? I paid the pass but do i also spend 1 time ? Did Floyd wait till the dropship arrives and says no to him or did he save the one time the dropshipment would take and can simply do something else like nothing happened (except the dropshit pass loss obviously).

Thx for answers

Cancelling is explained in the definitions on p. 12: the effect doesn't happen, and you lose all the costs (in this case both the time and the dropship pass)

subochre said:

Cancelling is explained in the definitions on p. 12: the effect doesn't happen, and you lose all the costs (in this case both the time and the dropship pass)

Ok, BUT:

"A player may move his detective from one location to another during his turn by spending 1 time and moving his detective to any new location within reach of the detectives vehicle"

AND

"A player who posesses a dropship pass token may spend it when moving his detective to a new location in order to IGNORE THE NORMAL LIMITATIONS OF HIS VEHICLE"

Now since i dont own the game myself, i cant look it up, but if the effect of the dropship use is cancelled (by the dark card) , then the move itself (the time cost to do the move, as the effect of the dropship pass is (merely) to have unlimited range with your vehicle, shouldnt be cancelled. I have to look it up today (we play today again :-) ), but have a look at it yourself and tell me your thoughts: My quotes are from page 18 and page 15, i cannot quote the dark card as i dont have it at hand.