Huge ship only in one side

By player3786156, in X-Wing Epic Play

I build my collection for casual game at home, buying two factions only. Rebel and empire. I have the opportunity to buy a 2.0 tantive second hand. How fun and balanced the game, if only the rebels have 1 huge ship? Imperial side I have:

3 tie fighter

2 tie advanced

1 shuttle

1 phantom

1 bomber

1 interceptor

1 defender

Is it enough for a fun play if the rebels have the tantive and 2-3 x-wing or other small ships?

I heard the game is inbalanced is only one side has huge ship.

Edited by player3786156

This used to be the case, but I find that it plays okay in second edition with one side having a huge ship.

Huge ships are odd because they blow up fast if your opponent is dead set on destroying them, but if let unchecked they can be monsters in the mid-late game when enemy numbers have dropped. So it may take several tries before you get the hang of it.

The rebels have two, if you include the rebel transport.

On 11/18/2020 at 12:02 AM, player3786156 said:

I build my collection for casual game at home, buying two factions only. Rebel and empire. I have the opportunity to buy a 2.0 tantive second hand. How fun and balanced the game, if only the rebels have 1 huge ship? Imperial side I have:

3 tie fighter

2 tie advanced

1 shuttle

1 phantom

1 bomber

1 interceptor

1 defender

Is it enough for a fun play if the rebels have the tantive and 2-3 x-wing or other small ships?

I heard the game is inbalanced is only one side has huge ship.

You might want to get some more TIE Bombers, or maybe some Alpha Class Starwings (if you can find them) to give the Imps some anti-huge ship punch.

TIE fighters don't fare well against Huge ships without some heavy hitters to back them up.

Agreed. Shift the shuttle to a decimator, and the phantom out for a punisher or two..