Let's give AMG a cheer up!

By Triangular, in Star Wars: Armada

1 hour ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Bated.

Freudian slip?

Indeed! Good catch.

3 hours ago, Frimmel said:

Does Star Wars: Crisis Protocol seem particularly far-fetched?

The Star Wars comics are published by Marvel... so official print-and-play cards of Legion models to use in Crisis Protocol would be neat. AMG already puts high-res images of their character cards on Twitter.

Edited by FreakinUnoriginal
3 hours ago, Frimmel said:

Does Star Wars: Crisis Protocol seem particularly far-fetched?

Heck yes! Time for Wolverine to fight Luke and then kiss, JUST LIKE MY FANFIC!

11 hours ago, Green Knight said:

Handing out accolades is premature.

Maybe, but we want our game and our community to have positive, reinforcing associations for them. Perhaps then we will get more love than X-Wing and Legion.

9 minutes ago, Tayloraj100 said:

Maybe, but we want our game and our community to have positive, reinforcing associations for them. Perhaps then we will get more love than X-Wing and Legion.

At least maybe get equal, I would hope. ^^'

The recent post is encouraging but more is needed.

It might be that the whole reason forvthe change was production delays and mismanagement at FFG and AMG put in a better bid for it.

So let’s say AMG does have a go at making these games their own: what would people like to see that they wouldn’t have expected from FFG?

My two (fairly unoriginal) requests would be more factions (considering the game went five years with just two, FFG appeared in no rush to add more) and more expansions released per year. Admittedly though, those are pretty boring (and expected). Maybe some of you have more original ideas.

52 minutes ago, Rmcarrier1 said:

So let’s say AMG does have a go at making these games their own: what would people like to see that they wouldn’t have expected from FFG?

My two (fairly unoriginal) requests would be more factions (considering the game went five years with just two, FFG appeared in no rush to add more) and more expansions released per year. Admittedly though, those are pretty boring (and expected). Maybe some of you have more original ideas.

First that comes to mind is more ship titles. Ex: Pelta(maybe a new one with the republic pelta?) and Interdictor. Something to maybe help the other ship variants.

I am just hoping AMG will keep the pre-painting of minis in place. I do enough painting already with 40K.

I'm curious; if the community had to make a choice, would you want a lower number of pre-painted releases each year, or a greater number of unpainted releases each year? For example, 1 painted wave per year vs. 3 unpainted waves?

I’m out if they ever require painting. I collect legion and paint it but I hate the painting and have boxes and boxes of unpainted minis staring at me.

12 minutes ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

I'm curious; if the community had to make a choice, would you want a lower number of pre-painted releases each year, or a greater number of unpainted releases each year? For example, 1 painted wave per year vs. 3 unpainted waves?

Given I keep not making time to do any re-paints on stuff I do not think I'd be interested in painting or building ships going ahead. If I wanted to build and paint models I'd play Legion or maybe just build and paint models.

If I had to paint my ships, they'd probably look like Fozzie Bear did it.

1 hour ago, ninclouse2000 said:

I’m out if they ever require painting. I collect legion and paint it but I hate the painting and have boxes and boxes of unpainted minis staring at me.

Saaame

50 minutes ago, Bertie Wooster said:

If I had to paint my ships, they'd probably look like Fozzie Bear did it.

Muppet Rebellion you say.......

MC75: Kermit, it has a collar

Starhawk: Miss Piggy, the biggest diva

Liberty: Sam the American Eagle for @Truthiness

Home One: Rowlf the dog

CR90: Fozzie Bear, the ultimate sidekick

Nebulon: Animal, because of what Salvation can do to those drums

GR75: Dr Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, with bonus points if you can cram them all onto one stand.

Pelta: Gonzo, so weird, so amazing

Hammerhead pack: Scooter and Skeeter

Assault Frigate: Lew Zealand and his boomerang fish.

MC30: its tonight's special guest Mr Mark Hamill yaaaaaaay!!!!!

My 2 cents; If they continue the Armada line, then I will only want painted. My painting skills are non- existent.

If they create a new line... i could handle unpainted if they were cheaper and had a quick release schedule with lots of models. I still wouldn't paint them, but I dont think I would display them like I do my armada fleet.

Edited by GrandAdmiralCrunch
2 hours ago, GrandAdmiralCrunch said:

Painted. It's one of the core reasons I bought into the game in the first place. I've re-painted a couple of my duplicates, but I very much value the pre-painted models. Now, could we split the difference and ask for at least two per year? ;)

My biggest worry is a new edition or a game system shift. Armada is solid, has been played very extensively and tweaked, and for the most part almost everything is still viable/valid. New companies without the history and insider testing knowledge tend to just jump into new editions to establish control and get a handle on things, and it can get... inelegant... (TTCombat with Dropzone Commander is a good example). The stuff we've been seeing in the Clone Wars basically 1.5 revision bump look decent (aside from upgrade card size increase and the unnecessary change of making the upgrade slots for ships move to the other side of the card).

Maybe AMG will make official Armada mats with nice backgrounds on a good non-slippery material?

FFG never managed that.

Edited by Green Knight
On 11/18/2020 at 4:20 AM, Rmcarrier1 said:

More than three models released in a 2 and a half year period.

On 11/18/2020 at 5:21 PM, ninclouse2000 said:

Same here. Also if they switched to manually painted (by me) then the finish of the new minis wouldn’t match that of the old ones, they’ll look stupid.

Edited by mazz0

Statement from AMG about OP in 2021 . It's not hugely confidence-building that each of these announcements is just a separate page on their website, but they probably haven't had long to work on it.

Atomic Mass Games is working on plans for Organized Play in 2021. One of our focuses is using Organized Play as a vehicle to expand upon the core game experience through use of events that feature alternate game modes , highly focused narrative events , and an emphasis on equally rewarding everyone who plays , especially at the in-store level, where communities for these great games thrive.

We are looking forward to bringing our Organized Play philosophy to these great Star Wars miniatures games while continuing the types of events these games have enjoyed throughout their time under the watch of Fantasy Flight Games. Beyond the store level we are taking a hard look at the current global situation, as our primary concern is always for the safety and health of our players and global community. [Emphasis added]

As with everything else they have put out so far, there isn't anything particularly solid there, but it looks like they are at least planning to do some OP events in 2021. I know FFG said they'd try to get some OP Kits out for late 2020 (I've been stuck inside since March so not been looking out for them), so maybe we will get one last bit of FFG OP stuff before AMG takes over properly. At least the pandemic gives them some space to get up and running.

I feel kind of bad for the OP people at FFG. I know they'd put a lot of work into getting a new system up, with new distributors/manufacturers for Armada OP, with plans to launch that this summer... and now they've had a pandemic and the whole team being moved/shut down.

Still, looks like AMG has some fun ideas for Armada OP. Or, at least, some fun ideas about ideas for OP.