Online builder

By zhentil, in X-Wing

So i have noticed that the points have been updated but not the actual ships for the FFG builder. Is there a time that they will do that just curious

The official app has been less than lackluster for quite awhile, this just seems to be greater lack of usefulness than we’ve been accustomed to.

Come on FFG, it the official app, you know required to play your game. I was a defender of the official app for quite sometime, but it would be hard to fail worse if you were trying here lately.

Given how X-Wing is being moved away from ffg, it’s even less likely than ever that the official app is getting the support it needs. At least for a while

We may never get the second app we were told about last November.

But perhaps Atomic Mass will commission one from scratch.

5 hours ago, Scum4Life said:

We may never get the second app we were told about last November.

But perhaps Atomic Mass will commission one from scratch.

I begin to wonder if this was the hold up all along.

8 hours ago, zhentil said:

So i have noticed that the points have been updated but not the actual ships for the FFG builder. Is there a time that they will do that just curious

You're better off using YASB 2.0 or LaunchBayNext instead of the official App.

11 hours ago, zhentil said:

As @MegaSilver said, Use LaunchBayNext or Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0. I use YASB2.0 on my computer, and LBN on my phone. They’re both great, and tend to be updated within hours of new points adjustments. LBN’s creator is also extremely quick to respond to mistakes and bugs that I’ve reported.

The Official App is... not good. I started playing almost a year ago, and everyone told me not to even bother downloading it. I did, later, just to check it out, and it’s literally inferior in every way to the unofficial sites. Don’t bother with it.

We’ve recently been told that FFG’s parent company, Asmodee, is reorganizing the Armada, Legion, and X-Wing games to another company under their corporate umbrella. I imagine FFG (as @Darth Meanie alluded) has known this for some time, and hasn’t bothered to fix their Official App, particularly because there were third-party sites essentially doing their work for them. From a marketing standpoint, it’s a bit of an embarrassment, but given that we have access to the excellent work done by YASB 2.0 and LBN, it’s not a tragedy.

Edited by Cpt ObVus