"black friday" X-wing deals?

By player655164, in X-Wing

Hello all,

I've only just started playing this last year. In the past have there ever been "black friday" type deals where you can get x-wing stuff relatively cheap?

I'm about to start a league with some friends and there's several new people who want to get into x-wing and I was hoping to point them in the direction of good deals to get started (no one wants to drop $100+ on a game they don't know if they'll like and in all likelihood won't be good at for a while....).

Thanks!

Black Friday deals for X-wing stuff are pretty common. My budget was small for the last few years and I made almost all of my purchases on black Friday, you can't really count on anything in particular going on sale but anything that is both in supply and a little older has a good chance as retailers try to clear out some of their stock. You might see some more recent stuff too, but it depends. Last year was a little weak but the two years before that I got some really good deals.

Even when stores stocked 1e, i never really saw any black friday specific sales... So you just have to shop around.. Check out on-line stores too..

Depends.

My LGS last year had a pretty good sale. I know some online retailers have some too.

Sometimes Miniature Market and Coolstuffinc would have some sales. You can also find some things on Target and Wal-Mart's website so sales for board games usually apply for them as well.