Question regarding “Stunned” Damage Card

By D1scovery, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

Hello all,

I’m certain this is in the rules, but I must be overlooking it. I had a question regarding the “Stunned” damage card (and other cards similar to it). The “Stunned” card instructs the player to flip one damage card face up and one fear card face up then discard the “Stunned” card. The question is: does this card pertain to damage and fear the player has already suffered? If so, what happens if the player has no damage or fear cards? Does that player just get lucky then?

One of the people I play with suggested that that means if you don’t have damage or fear cards to place face up, then you must draw a damage and fear card and place them face up. However, other people disagreed and simply stated that if the player has no damage or fear, the “Stunned” card is discarded. I was curious to know if anybody could shed light on that here.

Thanks!

It pertains to damage and/or fear the player has already suffered.

The card does not instruct the player to draw, suffer, or receive damage or fear if there are no cards to flip. It solely says to flip what the player has, nothing more.