Community Advice for Hero Choice

By LordDraigo1, in Imperial Assault Campaign

Hi there

We are currently in the process of setting up for a 4 rebel player campaign. Our current hero choice from my fellow rebels is Fenn, Tress and Vinto, leaving me with the final decision. I don't want to play Gideon or MHD, but I am flexible otherwise.

A few things I need to factor in:

I am unsure if Tress is going to play a equipment light game or not. I ran tress with minimal equipment, using speed and her incredible amount of actions she can do instead of attacking that much, but I can see the merits of a Tress beat stick.

Our team is predominately white dice. I was thinking of someone with a black dice but I am not certain if I should worry to much if our team has a slight imbalance.

We don't have a support ish character yet.

My current shortlist is Jarrod (Tankish, good mobility, might need some equipment to function efficiently.) Verena (Focus on close quarters, can build tanky, but her defensive stuff can be played around.) Or Support Diala (I have played Support Diala before, very fun and force push is an amazing ability, but doesn't address our squads survivability.)

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

My latest campaign included both Jarrod and Verena. It may have been the way that the players built the characters, but they were both pretty "meh". Jarrod didn't have the required punch, which is why he needs his bot, and Verena only really seemed to be efficient in close quarters when Murne was using her ability to make Imps attack each other.

With the squad you have, you could try going with Loku. His abilities would help spread around the squad, or Drokkata to help shoot over players or just call a cave-in adding damage and slowing down the Imperials with the difficult terrain.

Diala could work well as you've suggested, and will definitely help with ability checks once she starts to focus up.