Trueshot relic

By Straangeer, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hello Guys!

I have some questions in connection with the Trueshot relic.

When I perform an attack with the Trueshot relic, in the spending surge phase, I use 1 surge to: "Move the target 1 space" and i move a monster next to a hero who has the following skill card ability:

Q1: Nimble: Each time a monster moves into spaces adjacent to you, you may use this card to move 1 space; then the monster may continue its activation.
Q2: Guard: When a monster moves into an empty space adjacent to you, exhaust this card to interrupt that monster’s activation and perform an attack with a Melee weapon. After this attack is resolved, if the monster was not defeated, it may continue its activation.

In both cases, I assume from the text of the skills, especially from the Guard skill card, the original idea is the interrupt the monster movement in the Overlord turn, so the interrupt can only happen when the Overlord is activating a monster.

But,

What i think is one thing and I really interested in other players opinions.

I would say it works. The activation key word is here only to explain the interruption concept in my opinion. As it would work for premonition of the truthseer that is basically the same idea but activation wording in less (but lost legends wording are no reference...)

10 minutes ago, rugal said:

I would say it works. The activation key word is here only to explain the interruption concept in my opinion. As it would work for premonition of the truthseer that is basically the same idea but activation wording in less (but lost legends wording are no reference...)

In this way you are in a middle of an attack action (spending surges) and after you moved the monster, a hero interrupt the ongoing attack action, with an other attack (which cames from an ability).

It is like the inception movie... dream in a dream...attack in an attack.

Edited by Straangeer

Yeah, interrupting an attack WITH an attack is pretty strange. However, it seems that moving the monster with the surge ability presents a valid trigger for both Nimble and Guard. Please give me a moment to do some searching, however, as I seem to recall there being precedent about "moving" vs. "being moved". Both are entering spaces, but there was something...