Arquintens back in stock!!!

By phoenix7000, in Star Wars: Armada

Only been waiting 15 months for the opportunity to get my first one! Get them before ebay gets them!

Raiders, ISD, AND Starhawks, too!

Whoops, missed those, mine eyes were drawn to the elusive Light Cruiser, whose stock I have checked multiple times a week since last September.

Get them while you can it's only a matter of time before Empire Games SC buys up 40-50 of them to sell at 2x MSRP.

Bought 2 Raiders and 3 ILCs. I am thrilled. This is a big hole in my collection.

Weighing whether to buy another ISD. I have one and the Chimera, but I hate the the snake painting.

19 minutes ago, postje said:

Weighing whether to buy another ISD. I have one and the Chimera, but I hate the the snake painting.

Depends on how often you have sector fleet battles, or want to run triple Isd, and how much disposable income you have for plastic doritos.

32 minutes ago, postje said:

but I hate the the snake painting.

Hey hey hey, no need to hate on the paint.

Thanks @phoenix7000 !!! I've been waiting a long time for these to come into stock. Just ordered two...to Australia! I'm so glad they post international. 😁

Now to start working on an imperial story based campaign...

2 minutes ago, Flengin said:

Thanks @phoenix7000 !!! I've been waiting a long time for these to come into stock. Just ordered two...to Australia! I'm so glad they post international. 😁

Now to start working on an imperial story based campaign...

Nice! Happy to help.

how many does one need.....?

15 minutes ago, C0deb1ue said:

The Arquintens is arguably the most well-balanced Imperial ship. There are few fleets you couldn't use one in and a lot of the time it's the more the merrier (even with no upgrades). For me 2-3 is a good sweet spot (assuming you don't do sector fleet battles, in which case you might wanna double that).

25 minutes ago, C0deb1ue said:

0-6.

Your call, really. It's good, spammable even, but not an auto-include.

It's worth having one for the upgrades if you don't feel like waiting for the card pack.

a republic Arquintens would be great with Obi-Wan Commander, if it has the same defense tokens.

4 minutes ago, Bravo Null said:

a republic Arquintens would be great with Obi-Wan Commander, if it has the same defense tokens.

Then Swivel mounts= OP, you add Captain Zac, confire and you have a 6 die shot, and you have good defensive capability.

Edited by phoenix7000
1 minute ago, phoenix7000 said:

Then Swivel mounts= OP

At 8pts and with the mandatory loss of a die on the non-focus side, I wouldn't go that far :P

Also what the heck is Focus!? (should have probably made a dedicated thread for this but oh well)

Edited by phoenix7000
5 minutes ago, phoenix7000 said:

Also what the heck is Focus!? (should have probably made a dedicated thread for this but oh well)

New rules addition. Like Chaff, but for ATK vs DEF. Basically borrows a die from another hull zone to improve the focused zone. Downside is if you fire from a zone that isn't that hull zone, the non-focus zone loses a die before gathering the dice pool.

Interesting...but if that is a new 1.5 rule may the card not just said "This ship gains the ability to focus once per turn". Or something like that?

2 minutes ago, phoenix7000 said:

Interesting...but if that is a new 1.5 rule may the card not just said "This ship gains the ability to focus once per turn". Or something like that?

swm35_upgrade-swivel-mount-batteries.png

Nope, even more nuanced. You're stuck with it until you ready it again. Personally I think this is WAY better.

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

swm35_upgrade-swivel-mount-batteries.png

Nope, even more nuanced. You're stuck with it until you ready it again. Personally I think this is WAY better.

Ahh.. so maybe there IS a specific focus rule, and this slightly changes it so you have to keep it there until the next round? ( just theorycrafting here).

4 minutes ago, phoenix7000 said:

Ahh.. so maybe there IS a specific focus rule, and this slightly changes it so you have to keep it there until the next round? ( just theorycrafting here).

You have to keep it there until you ready the card again. Where you see the red column there, basically you have to sacrifice a con-fire token on that ship in order to ready the card. Now, if this was usable by the Imps, no problem: just have Tarkin or Grint onboard and you're good. GAR tho... for right now, they're kinda stuck doing things the old fashioned way unless they go Vet captain or they get lucky with another unique officer or something.

12 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

You have to keep it there until you ready the card again. Where you see the red column there, basically you have to sacrifice a con-fire token on that ship in order to ready the card. Now, if this was usable by the Imps, no problem: just have Tarkin or Grint onboard and you're good. GAR tho... for right now, they're kinda stuck doing things the old fashioned way unless they go Vet captain or they get lucky with another unique officer or something.

ahh.. yep I sort of forgot about all that 1.5 stuff, I do think it is plausible that there will be other things utilizing the "focus" system, it would be super cool to have a card that let you turn some of your Venators port guns forward. Like Rotating Heavy Turrets or something like that could be thematic, and more dice movement could be something we see more of in the future ( I know I'm going out on a limb).

6 minutes ago, phoenix7000 said:

ahh.. yep I sort of forgot about all that 1.5 stuff, I do think it is plausible that there will be other things utilizing the "focus" system, it would be super cool to have a card that let you turn some of your Venators port guns forward. Like Rotating Heavy Turrets or something like that could be thematic, and more dice movement could be something we see more of in the future ( I know I'm going out on a limb).

We're in a new age of Armada. I'd say hop out on all the limbs you want! XD

56 minutes ago, phoenix7000 said:

Then Swivel mounts= OP, you add Captain Zac, confire and you have a 6 die shot, and you have good defensive capability.

Imperial Arqs can get to 5 easily with slaved turrets/enhanced armament and a confire dial. Add in an obstructed shot with Romodi commander and you get 6.