88-z with Remote Activator attachment rules

By timmy9921, in Imperial Assault Rules Questions

@a1bert

If 88-z has the Remote Activator attachment, can it practically attack twice or perform the same special ability twice in his own activation because of Remote Activator?

Companion cards cannot receive attachments. Remote Activator is an attachment for a deployment group, not for 88-Z itself. The special action is an "Executive Order" for a figure of that group to allow 88-Z perform any of the listed abilities. Because it happens outside of 88-Z's activation, the attack action per activation limit does not apply.

@a1bert I am unable to find the rule regarding companions unable to receive attachments. According to RRG, all figures except heroes have corresponding Deployment cards and I don't see any changes for that in the official FAQ?

Earlier expansion rule books used to have a rule that "A companion cannot interact and cannot use abilities on Class, Item, or Supply cards." but this was updated to "A companion cannot interact." in the official FAQ

Companion cards are not deployment cards. While companions are figures, they are not groups, and you can only attach attachments to groups that have deployment cards.

I.e. the rules do not tell you what you cannot do, only what you can do. :)

Edit: Companions can use abilities on class cards when applicable, i.e. when the class card is not an attachment. In that case the class card belongs to the imperial player and is located in the play area - even then the companion needs to fulfill the requirements for the ability. For the others, however, only the group that has the attachment can use the abilities on those attachments.

Edited by a1bert

Got it 😂 that makes 88-Z a lot less useful haha