Question about Ms. Marvel and The Mutagen Formula

By Idgit, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

So I was playing as Kamala Khan and activated teen spirit with about 5 cards left and I discarded them all without finding a Ms. Marvel card, do I reshuffle and keep going or is this just a whiff? I have been using the grim rule to call it a whiff, but the other night I played the Mutagen Formula with friends and a similar situation occurred with the card overrun and I'm not sure how we should have resolved it. If there's already a topic on this I would appreciate a link to that thread, I just couldn't seem to find it.

Edited by Idgit

It would be a whiff and to add insult to injury you'd get yourself an extra encounter card. In the case of Overrun, you'd get a permanent acceleration counter. In both instances you would stop once the deck ran out. You would not continue after the reshuffle. An additional card that has had similar questions: Thor's Defender of the Nine Realms. If no minions are brought into play by its effect, you'd get an acceleration token and not be able to remove the 3 threat from a scheme.

Thanks! Glad to know I was doing it right!

easy to prevent though. You know she has 15 cards, you can count those in play, your hand and discard pile to know if there is one left.

next level up would be knowing the specific card.

next level beyond that would be stacking the deck using Amir to ensure the cards you want from her set are where you want them. She is incredibly powerful as you can easily build your combos, whether with her cards or other deck combos using Amir and memory.