Radiant Smite

By Buhallin, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

Am I missing something, or is Radiant Smite an absolutely bonkers boss-killing card for being an L1?

Assuming you have at least 3 bless tokens in the bag, it's an ammo-less +3 attack, +4 damage attack that can keep doing that as long as you don't kill the target, since the bless tokens release back into the bag if you don't defeat it.

That seems absolutely insane. There's definitely less utility against hordes of smaller targets, so I don't know that I'd say it's an L1 Flamethrower or anything, but anything that can consistently throw 4 damage for 1 XP? I feel like I have to be missing something.

I mean, it's an event and doesn't return to your hand, so while it is "consistent" in the sense that Sister Mary can easily guarantee the bless tokens are in the bag, it's 4 damage at +3 that removes 3 bless tokens if you kill the enemy, so it's only one damage more than a Spectral Razor or One-Two Punch. Situationally strong but the effort required to get the bless tokens into the bag in the first place means that it has a hidden cost for anyone other than Mary.

Hah, I'm an idiot... I thought it was an asset 😮

Nothing to see here... move along...

That said, you can use Diana or Mateo to stick it on Dayana. Technically Marie, too, but she doesn't have as many options for blessing the bag in the first place (nor can she take the Guardian Covenant to keep the tokens in the bag).