Torani/Lando/Seevor/Jostero/Zuvio... who invented this list? i love it!

By Greedo_Sharpshooter, in X-Wing Squad Lists

Torani Kulda — M12-L Kimogila Fighter

Marksmanship 1
Cluster Missiles 4
R5-TK 0
Contraband Cybernetics 2
Ship Total: 55
Half Points: 28 Threshold: 5
Lando Calrissian — Escape Craft 29
Tactical Officer 6
Ship Total: 35
Half Points: 18 Threshold: 2
Captain Jostero — Kihraxz Fighter 42
Ship Total: 42
Half Points: 21 Threshold: 3
Constable Zuvio — Quadrijet Transfer Spacetug 30
Proximity Mines 6
Deadman’s Switch 2
Ship Total: 38
Half Points: 19 Threshold: 3
Captain Seevor — Mining Guild TIE Fighter 30
Ship Total: 30
Half Points: 15 Threshold: 2
Edited by Greedo_Sharpshooter

Thanks for posting this, I've been thinking it needed posting, even just to appreciate it.

The version I saw is here and was flown by Nicolas Durand at Ryloth. I think @MidWestScrub was one of his victims.

That version has G4R-G0R instead of Seevor and is even more scummy imo.

my thinking is the 30pts spent on Seevor could be a cheap M3-A.

Here is version 2.0 with me testing sunny with autoblaster... could be G4R-G0R as the list you posted @eljms have switched deadmans switch to zuvio as per version 1.0.

Thoughts, suggestions and feedback welcome @Cuz05 @Kleeg005 @theBitterFig @underling @Cerebrawl @Bucknife @Cloaker @ClassicalMoser @gadwag

Torani Kulda — M12-L Kimogila Fighter 48
Cluster Missiles 4
R5-TK 0
Contraband Cybernetics 2
Munitions Failsafe 1
Ship Total: 55
Lando Calrissian — Escape Craft 29
Tactical Officer 6
Ship Total: 35
Half Points: 18 Threshold: 2
Proximity Mines 6
Contraband Cybernetics 2
Sunny Bounder — M3-A Interceptor 27
Autoblasters 3

I saw it on listfortress yesterday and I really like it and want to play something simmilar. But I bought Resistance and First Order recently and I'm trying new ships, so scums have to wait.

THEORY CRAFTING:

The seevor variant (version 1.0 in post #1) is not the exact list as i threw it together from memory and have flowing it twice versus resistance list of Lea+2 A wings piloted by a top player and went 1-1. Steep learning curve but in game two I had a game-altering turn went Totarani and Capt Jostero combined to take out Jake... bullseye free damage and backed up by bonus shot for Jostero. Was awesome!

Seevor was pretty solid actually stripping target locks or green tokens often. i can see the merit of running a dedicated block like G4R-G0R and i also like the idea of sunny with autoblaster... will test this a bit and see how it feels. Im think it will come down to preferred play style and what u expect to come up against, versus aces of ant flavour id like sunny w blaster in my team. G4R-G0R seems good versus big base ships and easy to block enemy ships. Thoughts?

G4R-GOR defending against cluster missiles, munitions failsafe to cancel the damage, Jostero to follow up. It just seems so delicious it's hard to pass up.

Scum has got so many decent filler pieces that can be just jumbled together. Pick and choose whatever gives you giggles and practice, practice, practice. For my money, I don't care for the Lando/Tactical, nor do I like "chasing" the Torani/Jostero jank - useful though it may be even on just random triggers. I find Torani/Snap Shot to be pretty reliable, and forces a lot of bad decisions from opponents more reliably. My experience says that Zuvio *loves* Composure. And if I kick Jostero and Lando, I can drop in Palob.... Even without the title, he's kind of an ***. This gives your opponent *four* ships who are annoying as all get-out, and Sunny becomes an oft-overlooked flanking control piece. Target priority is even worse, imo. There's three points to play with after the bones, so I put Engine Upgrade on the HWK; but I could absolutely go for Q'ira or Beckett somewhere in there. Like so:

Torani Kulda (48)
Snap Shot (8)
Ship total: 56 Half Points: 28 Threshold: 5

Constable Zuvio (30)
Composure (1)
Proximity Mines (6)
Delayed Fuses (1)
Ship total: 38 Half Points: 19 Threshold: 3

Captain Seevor (30)
Ship total: 30 Half Points: 15 Threshold: 2

Sunny Bounder (27)
Ion Cannon (6)
Ship total: 33 Half Points: 17 Threshold: 2

Palob Godalhi (40)
Engine Upgrade (2)
Ship total: 42 Half Points: 21 Threshold: 3

Total: 199

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v8ZsZ200Z129X256WWWWWY140X115WWW70WW236Y247XWY138XW11Y112XWWWW107WW&sn=New Squadron&obs=

Just my two credits.

23 minutes ago, Kleeg005 said:

Scum has got so many decent filler pieces that can be just jumbled together. Pick and choose whatever gives you giggles and practice, practice, practice. For my money, I don't care for the Lando/Tactical, nor do I like "chasing" the Torani/Jostero jank - useful though it may be even on just random triggers. I find Torani/Snap Shot to be pretty reliable, and forces a lot of bad decisions from opponents more reliably. My experience says that Zuvio *loves* Composure. And if I kick Jostero and Lando, I can drop in Palob.... Even without the title, he's kind of an ***. This gives your opponent *four* ships who are annoying as all get-out, and Sunny becomes an oft-overlooked flanking control piece. Target priority is even worse, imo. There's three points to play with after the bones, so I put Engine Upgrade on the HWK; but I could absolutely go for Q'ira or Beckett somewhere in there. Like so:

Torani Kulda (48)
Snap Shot (8)
Ship total: 56 Half Points: 28 Threshold: 5

Constable Zuvio (30)
Composure (1)
Proximity Mines (6)
Delayed Fuses (1)
Ship total: 38 Half Points: 19 Threshold: 3

Captain Seevor (30)

Sunny Bounder (27)
Ion Cannon (6)
Ship total: 33 Half Points: 17 Threshold: 2

Palob Godalhi (40)
Engine Upgrade (2)
Ship total: 42 Half Points: 21 Threshold: 3

Total: 199

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v8ZsZ200Z129X256WWWWWY140X115WWW70WW236Y247XWY138XW11Y112XWWWW107WW&sn=New Squadron&obs=

Just my two credits.

This is why im a scum player. Options and lots of them. So many interchangeable ships it really comes down to what ur comfortable with and what works for you versus what ur expecting to come up against. Sunny has been a favourite of mine from the first game i played with him... i see ur control with ion there being quite nasty and probably more reliable than autoblaster trough the course of an entire game. Love ur loadout on zuvio... how t u using composure exactly? like the delayed fuses! more control.

Wasn't me, but I've made some semi-similar ones.

The "Beautiful list"

Torani Kulda (48)
Marksmanship (1)
Cluster Missiles (4)
R5-TK (0)
Munitions Failsafe (1)

Ship total: 54 Half Points: 27 Threshold: 5

G4R-GOR V/M (28)
Ship total: 28 Half Points: 14 Threshold: 2

4-LOM (49)
Advanced Sensors (10)
Mist Hunter (1)

Ship total: 60 Half Points: 30 Threshold: 5

Palob Godalhi (40)
Moldy Crow (18)

Ship total: 58 Half Points: 29 Threshold: 3

Total: 200

You could also drop Palob for Unkar and Sunny.

Torani Kulda (48)
Cluster Missiles (4)
R5-TK (0)
Munitions Failsafe (1)

Ship total: 53 Half Points: 27 Threshold: 5

G4R-GOR V/M (28)
Ship total: 28 Half Points: 14 Threshold: 2

4-LOM (49)
Advanced Sensors (10)
Mist Hunter (1)

Ship total: 60 Half Points: 30 Threshold: 5

Unkar Plutt (29)
Ship total: 29 Half Points: 15 Threshold: 3

Sunny Bounder (27)
Autoblasters (3)

Total: 200

Old Teroch is also a mix and match piece that can replace Palob, or you could have Nom Lumb and Jostero. The possibilities are endless.

As you might notice, I really love having 4-LOM in them. Stress harassing aces, making enemies more predictable, etc.

All these ships are high priority targets(except for Sunny or Seevor). Sidenote: if you bring Seevor, then you should invest in Swarm Tactics on Torani, so Seevor can strip the token on Torani's bullseye target before Torani shoots.

16 minutes ago, Greedo_Sharpshooter said:

Love ur loadout on zuvio... how t u using composure exactly? like the delayed fuses! more control.

Composure is good if you want to use the Tractor Array, but are not playing enough right now to get really good at judging Range One. Fail the tractor? Get a Focus token instead of nothing. For one point? I'll take it every time on the Quadjumper.

@Cuz05 , I can't find it. You have the link to your "Plug and Play" thread? Lot of good, topical discussion there.

This version looks pretty solid also... so many options.

Torani Kulda — M12-L Kimogila Fighter 48
Marksmanship 1
Cluster Missiles 4
R5-TK 0
Contraband Cybernetics 2
Munitions Failsafe 1
Ship Total: 56
Composure 1
Proximity Mines 6
Delayed Fuses 1
Sunny Bounder — M3-A Interceptor 27
Ion Cannon 6
Ship Total: 33
Half Points: 17 Threshold: 2
Captain Seevor — Mining Guild TIE Fighter 30

There y'are.

I have still not got a Kimo 😕

Though have proxied it once.

Cluster, R5-TK, Failsafe Torani is such a neat piece of biz.

Blaster Sunny is a great pick if you just want some damage from your spare 30pt piece. She did most of the killing on a Malarus Xi for me, just last week. Who turns a swarm towards Sunny? Answer- no one.

I really like the idea of Seevor stripping Torani's target, but Swarm Tactics feels a bit steep and restrictive for the effect....

Quite often, these Scum trick lists lack real output if the the naughtiness doesn't stick. A real important consideration, when you look at the base dice you're throwing.

Makes TO Lando a nice piece. Dropping an all important extra action on someone and still backing things up with some modded dice.

With that thought, I think I'm going Sunny over Seevor.

But the G4R angle is delightful. An awful lot of lists these days are running multiple bodies, or big bodies. Should give him an easier time doing his thing. My hesitation on him is simply because 4hp, 1 calc, get me to R0, feels like it'll fail more often than not.

But I guess that's an awful lot of weird decisions to make in opposition to that crowd.

Edited by Cuz05

Just a few initial thoughts...

I don't have much experience with some of this list, but I'll try it next week. I think the fact that there are five ships helps.

I'd use Sunny on any list.

Seevor can be decent, especially if most or all of the rest of the build engages after him.

The kimo can be pretty good if there are other threats, which there are in this list.

Any Kihraxz in any list... thumb's up.