Starhawk (plus a bonus)

By Aahz 1, in Star Wars: Armada Painting and Modification

Did a repaint of the Starhawk, inspired by a couple I've seen on here plus a bit of an homage to the Neb B and the CR90.

RLbiIF4.jpg

lcLneYc.jpg

FlVvGLz.jpg

lWfz4P3.jpg

Here's the bonus. Did a couple of generic HWKs with a GI Joe color scheme (particularly like the Cobra-colored one):

HQEmRPL.jpg

vxj2BUc.jpg

Very nice work on all counts!! Great work on those Hawks love it!

I really love that color scheme on the Starhawk. To me, it makes it look even bigger. How long did that paint job take you to complete?

All told, it took about 5 hours or so over the course of a week to get it done. The slowest parts were the white and grey basecoating (after priming) and then the final white drybrushing after the wash dried.

Edited by Aahz 1

I wish the default scheme was more like that, looks fantastic

5 minutes ago, Wintercross said:

I wish the default scheme was more like that, looks fantastic

Yeah, seems weird to me that they wouldn’t paint their newly built battle cruiser something other than Empire grey.

Here are a couple of shots of the Starhawk and his MC75 friend engaged with a Sith fleet this past weekend:

NOjiMwq.jpg

zOXGBII.jpg

LPhjcDI.jpg

Very nice work all around. Digging the all black sith fleet!

Not mine. Buddy of mine did the Sith fleet. It looks amazing. We just thought the Ebony/Ivory contrast of the battle was worth sharing.

On 11/9/2020 at 12:51 PM, Aahz 1 said:

Here are a couple of shots of the Starhawk and his MC75 friend engaged with a Sith fleet this past weekend:

LPhjcDI.jpg

What a great looking match! Love the paint jobs on both sides. Well done. The grey paneling and red outlines really help bring a bit of character to the black.