Three rules question

By farapeppe, in The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth

1 - Dis number 1 card requires to start with his hammer every time the card is prepared. What does it mean? That you prepare the Hammer and put 3 tokens on it (only the first time) or that you add a token each time you prepare it?

2 - When an enemy with distance weapon is instructed to MOVE X and attack you, does he go IN your place or in a place next to you?

3 - There is an adventure when, at the beginning of the adventure, you have to put away all your weapons. Then, you are required to "attack some enemies as an action" and deal 1 hit for each success. Can you use Strike X?

Thank you

I can't answer questions 1 or 3 cause I don't have the expansion but as for question 2: Yes, if the amount of moves are enough for the enemy to get to your place, it will enter

1 hour ago, Henryillusion said:

I can't answer questions 1 or 3 cause I don't have the expansion but as for question 2: Yes, if the amount of moves are enough for the enemy to get to your place, it will enter

That's not true. An enemy will stop once it is in range so if a ranged enemy is moving towards a hero, it should stop in an adjacent space.

As for question 1, I think you are talking about the Smith 1 card, Reforging, which tells you to equip the Hammer and Tongs trinket. You prepare this at the start of the adventure during setup and place 3 depletion tokens on it, which you may use throughout that adventure. It is part of your gear, like your weapon or armor, not part of your skill card deck.

And questions 3 I can't answer without more context. Which campaign is that from? I don't remember anything like that before, though I haven't gotten through the Haunting of Dale yet.

5 hours ago, Birdman137 said:

That's not true. An enemy will stop once it is in range so if a ranged enemy is moving towards a hero, it should stop in an adjacent space.

As for question 1, I think you are talking about the Smith 1 card, Reforging, which tells you to equip the Hammer and Tongs trinket. You prepare this at the start of the adventure during setup and place 3 depletion tokens on it, which you may use throughout that adventure. It is part of your gear, like your weapon or armor, not part of your skill card deck.

And questions 3 I can't answer without more context. Which campaign is that from? I don't remember anything like that before, though I haven't gotten through the Haunting of Dale yet.

Thank you for answer about distance, I thought otherwise.

Yes, I was talking about Reforging. What happens when I prepare Reforging again after discarding it?

It's in Haunting of Dale, between 5th and 7th adventure, I don't remember

14 minutes ago, farapeppe said:

Thank you for answer about distance, I thought otherwise.

Yes, I was talking about Reforging. What happens when I prepare Reforging again after discarding it?

It's in Haunting of Dale, between 5th and 7th adventure, I don't remember

You're welcome. I recently had the same question myself so glad I could help.

Here is the text on Reforging:

"After setup equip the Hammer and Tongs Trinket.

During your turn, you may discard this skill to prepare a skill from your discard pile."

The first line only applies during the setup of each adventure. Each time you have Reforging prepared, you can discard it to prepare a card from your discard pile.

I haven't made it that far into the Haunting of Dale, so I can only speculate. If you look at the text for the Strike Keyword, is says:

During your attack test, you may discard a card that has the "Strike X" keyword to add X hits to the attack.

So it would depend on if the event you are referring to is classified as an attack test or not. Sometime the app will tell you specifically "this is not an attack test" or something like that in special situations.

23 minutes ago, Birdman137 said:

So it would depend on if the event you are referring to is classified as an attack test or not. Sometime the app will tell you specifically "this is not an attack test" or something like that in special situations.

Yes, that's exactly the point. Is it ar attack or not? In the rulebook, "Attack" says that you choose a weapon, a skill (etc..). Here, it says (when introduced) that you can "attack as an action" using STRENGHT (no matter who you are and what weapons you use) and deal ONE DAMAGE PER SUCCESS. I think it is not considered an attack

On 11/2/2020 at 3:33 PM, Birdman137 said:

Birdman137 thanks for making me notice this! I'll have to play the campaign again haha

55 minutes ago, Henryillusion said:

Birdman137 thanks for making me notice this! I'll have to play the campaign again haha

I'm always happy to help. I think you definitely need to play it again. 😉