How many Bombs can you Drop Outside of the System Phase

By Tyhar7, in X-Wing Rules Questions

So I'm looking at the Paige Tico Gunner card.

" After you perform a primary attack, you may drop 1 bomb or rotate your arc .

After you are destroyed, you may drop 1 bomb. "

Is it possible for Paige to drop two bombs in the engagement phase if she were on a Starfortress with VTG?

For example fire front arc primary, drop a bomb, fired turret arc primary with VTG and dropped another?

The rule in my head is you can only drop one device per round but looking at the rules ref the only restrictions on devices that I can see....

" Most devices are placed during the System Phase. Each ship can place a device only once per System Phase. "

" Each ship cannot place a device during the same phase that it decloaked. "

Edited by Tyhar7

this has been answered in FAQ. from p a i g e 34 of the RR:

Capture.png

On 10/30/2020 at 3:54 AM, meffo said:

this has been answered in FAQ. from p a i g e 34 of the RR:

Capture.png

Technically that FAQ entry was rendered obsolete by the rules update that changed the rule from 'once per round' to 'once per system phase' which makes it so any ship came drop an unlimited number off devices outside the system phase provided they have a trigger to take advantage of that.

I wouldn't say it was made obsolete, more like that update changed it from a backdoor errata (changing the card to override the rules without actually changing the card) into a clarification that explains the current rules.

On 11/1/2020 at 7:28 AM, nitrobenz said:

Technically that FAQ entry was rendered obsolete by the rules update that changed the rule from 'once per round' to 'once per system phase' which makes it so any ship came drop an unlimited number off devices outside the system phase provided they have a trigger to take advantage of that.

.....Oh.

Vagabond, could you come over here please?