Which Lore Characters Do You Want Cards For?

By TheHobgoblyn, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

As the diligent writers for L5R have produced a new fiction for us nearly every week, in addition to several novels, there have been a number of characters who have appeared in the fictions who have not received cards in the card-game proper. I am actually a bit surprised by the lack of over-lap in this regard-- as though the writing team and fiction team have differing ideas and their characters don't cross nearly as much at one would hope.

But of the characters who have appeared in fiction and not gotten cards, which are the ones you wish to collect?

My personal preference may be unusual-- but I want cards for Otomo Koryusai and Otomo Mikuru-- the unhappy but recurring couple would make a nice addition to the collection. Or perhaps Otomo Seno to counter shinobi tricks! But I would probably be happy to receive any proper Otomo character at this point.

Edited by TheHobgoblyn

Well, the character who is most name-dropped and doesn't have a card yet is Akodo Arasou.

I'd be intrigued in having a card for the former Isawa Rujo and the Mantis twins sound like fun.

But the person I'd most like to see a card for (and how they'd go about doing it) is Tsume Itsuyo - formerly Phoenix, now daimyo of a Crane vassal family and present in both an RPG scenario and the fiction.

27 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Well, the character who is most name-dropped and doesn't have a card yet is Akodo Arasou.

I'd be intrigued in having a card for the former Isawa Rujo and the Mantis twins sound like fun.

But the person I'd most like to see a card for (and how they'd go about doing it) is Tsume Itsuyo - formerly Phoenix, now daimyo of a Crane vassal family and present in both an RPG scenario and the fiction.

I have to believe that if Kaito Mai got a card, then surely Itsuyo-sama will be getting one as well. She's not just present in that scenario and fiction, she's a relatively prominent figure.

I definitely agree that the Mantis twins are due for cards (maybe a single card for the two of them?) and Rujo the Ronin, who has been quoted now in flavor text on a card, surely deserves something.

One that I really want to see a card of has not really had an appearance at all so far: Kitsu Takeko. She was identified in the Lion Clan Pack insert as the current daimyo of the Kitsu family. She's also quoted on one of the more recent cards. We know next to nothing about her except that she's fairly young and an accomplished "pyromancer" (we don't even know which definition of pyromancer is meant here). Naturally I hope she gets some coverage in the fiction as well. 😉

If we're wanting people who ought to be on a card, I'd like one for the Seppun daimyo - just so I can finish my list of VIPs.