Questions around player losing all territory's

By BloodRed1, in A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (1st Edition)

So me and my friends just finished a game of AGOT. During the game we came to a point where the Grey Joy player had all his territories conquered but had two remaining fleets. I was stark (took him out) and grey joy and lannister had allied against me. Now, my question is this, if a player loses all his territories is his remaining fleets removed from the game or can he continue to play with them. He actually caused me to lose becuase the boats were supported the lannnister player and I just could not remove his boats until it was to late. We decided at the time to continue to let him play but I was wondering if anyone knows the official rules?

There's nothing in the rules or the FAQ about player elimination. Therefore, if you still have units, you can still move them and issue orders, even if they're all fleets. The only things to limit you would be the amout of available special orders (Raven track), and your current Supply, which would drop to 0 with the next drawing of the Supply card.

I don't think there are any rules to cover this but it would be very much in the "spirit" of the books for the remnants of a house to continue to influence events. Of course when supply etc. is recalculated then they will cease to exist.

SteveH said:

I don't think there are any rules to cover this but it would be very much in the "spirit" of the books for the remnants of a house to continue to influence events. Of course when supply etc. is recalculated then they will cease to exist.

This is actually not quite correct. Even with 0 supply, you may still have 2 armies of 2 units. Also, a unit all by itself does not constitute an army, so you could have unlimited numbers of one unit armies.

I also had this nearly do me in. A renegade lannister player went a-pirating.

I think this adds a lot to the feel of the game and keeps it in line with the books: If you're going to kill a ouse, make **** sure you do it properly or the ghosts will come back to haunt you.