Chances of ever getting Durge's ship?

By Dwing, in X-Wing

What are the Odds that we will ever see Durge in the game? A Legends character, that would probably have a regen ability... not great odds I think. If we ever get the Resistance tv show "cars that look like spaceships", I think we have a great ship in the same design vane here.

5413779-durge%20ship%20size.jpg Durgeship.jpg?fbclid=IwAR3Ed9Dogq66j7oJy

Durge as one pilot, his droid pilot as the second pilot... Darkwing Duck as the third?

Edited by Dwing

He is the terror that flies in the night, He is the auditor that wants to look at your pocket book.

In all seriousness. Unlikely, but never say never. FFG did start reaching deep towards the end of 1.0 for ships and the CIS actually doesn't have a lot of ships left, at least from what I know. The ships we can all but gaurentee are:

• Ginivex-Class Starfighter
  • Rogue-Class Porax-38 Starfighter
  • Zenaus 33 Umbaran Starfighter
  • Sheathipede-Class transport shuttle

All those ships appear in either the films or The Clone Wars animated series.

However, that ship which is apparently called the 'NovaSword Starfighter' only appeared in Clone Wars animated series (distinct from The Clone Wars series) and that is actually not considered canon from what I recall.

If FFG were to need to dig into legends, I guarantee that the NovaSword would be first, followed by the more obscure Scarab-class droid starfighter and the Tempest Zero.

As for Durge. I could actually see him being an anti-critical ship where he just cannot suffer critical hits or can flip any critical face down for an action. It somewhat represents his healing ability without presenting regen which tends to cause arguments.

Edit:

The only thing FFG may do before they dip into Legends is put a few more bounty hunter ships in Seperatist. The only other one they could do in my opinion is the Hounds Tooth..but given the bad mojo that the Firespray going to Seperatists as a crossover ship has caused, I doubt that will happen very soon. Cad Bane is 100% going to be a Rogue-Class pilot, and of course Asajj will be in the Ginivex.

Edited by Ebak
10 minutes ago, Ebak said:

The only other one I could see is the starfighter version of the Trident-class Assault Craft.

2 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

The only other one I could see is the starfighter version of the Trident-class Assault Craft.

You are right. I forgot about the Trident. I am not sure what niche they could put it into for the CIS. If they had more crew options I could see it being the big crew carrier for the faction.

Edited by Ebak
16 hours ago, Ebak said:

You are right. I forgot about the Trident. I am not sure what niche they could put it into for the CIS. If they had more crew options I could see it being the big crew carrier for the faction.

The scale of the troop "dropship" version was quite a bit bigger, longer than a Gozanti, in fact. So limited epic battles would be my guess. While the Starfighter version would probably be medium at a guess. For some reason 22 meters is popping up in my head, but I cant find verification of that anywhere, but that would been in the medium base size if it is correct.

Edited by 5050Saint

3720 to 1.

Speaking of "cars that look like spaceships," whatever happened to that Porsche spaceship? Do you think we'll ever get that?

1 hour ago, Matanui3 said:

Speaking of "cars that look like spaceships," whatever happened to that Porsche spaceship? Do you think we'll ever get that?

Given that we got the Fireball, Blue Ace is a definite Maybe. ;)

Still, now that Ep. IX has established "the Resistance doesn't have a fleet...those are just people" I'd say all of the Aces are likely, at some point.

TBH, that could make the Resistance faction an interesting cross between S&V and the Rebels, as opposed to the less interesting Faux Alliance of ABXY Alt-Wings.

Edit: Unless you actually meant the Pegasus Concept ship. Which is probably less likely, but suuuuuper cool IMHO.

Edited by Darth Meanie
20 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

Given that we got the Fireball, Blue Ace is a definite Maybe. ;)

Still, now that Ep. IX has established "the Resistance doesn't have a fleet...those are just people" I'd say all of the Aces are likely, at some point.

TBH, that could make the Resistance faction an interesting cross between S&V and the Rebels, as opposed to the less interesting Faux Alliance of ABXY Alt-Wings.

Edit: Unless you actually meant the Pegasus Concept ship. Which is probably less likely, but suuuuuper cool IMHO.

I agree, as much as I don't really care for the designs in the Resistance show, It would be nice with some ships for the Resistance that makes them look like something other than Rebels 2.0.

Edited by Dwing
6 hours ago, Matanui3 said:

I do, I think that is going to be FFGs main source for new ships for the Resistance for a long time. I think Disney knows the money is not in their new sequels, so probably won't make a lot of new content for that era any time soon. That said the end battle of ep 9 should provide The resistance with all he ship they will ever need ;)

13 hours ago, Ebak said:

The ships we can all but gaurentee are:

13 hours ago, 5050Saint said:

I also think there is a high probability we will see the:

The Scarab-class fighter ( https://swse.fandom.com/wiki/Scarab-Class_Droid_Starfighter )
The Shekelesh-class freight gunship ( https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Shekelesh-class_freight_gunship )

And perhaps less likely, but equally likely to the NovaSword ( https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/NovaSword_Space_Superiority_Fighter ) that the OP is suggesting, is:
The Tempest-zero fighter ( https://csatheseparatists.fandom.com/wiki/Tempest_Zero )

The Porsche ship, the S-91x Pegasus, may be problematic because it's another level of rights since it was designed by Porsche. They may not want to add it because it requires not just talking to Lucasfilm but also Porsche, then Porsche may want a cut in the profits, I dunno.

I am of course only making assumptions about the rights based on my limited knowledge, if it's not going to be an added level of issue and Lucasfilm can just go 'sure, use it' then I don't see any reason why it wouldn't make it into the game. I do think it is rather telling that we've only seen it in the Rise of Skywalker and no other marketing material since, but then lead time is a thing.

All that considered...it would be good to have that along with the ships from Resistance since it's a very original design. In fact I'd prefer it over the T-85 because from looking at the S-91x, it seems like it's just another space superiority fighter with an astromech. It does look pretty large so perhaps the closest thing I could compare it to would be an ARC-170? A U-Wing?

I'd like to see a 3 attack, 3 defense medium base ship. I keep thinking the ship should be the 'elite' ship of the Resistance, like the E-Wing, TIE Defender etc but give it a unique flavor and making it medium base while retaining 3 defense would be interesting.

All just my thoughts and speculation mind you.

1 minute ago, Sciencius said:

I also think there is a high probability we will see the:

The Scarab-class fighter ( https://swse.fandom.com/wiki/Scarab-Class_Droid_Starfighter )
The Shekelesh-class freight gunship ( https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Shekelesh-class_freight_gunship )

And perhaps less likely, but equally likely to the NovaSword ( https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/NovaSword_Space_Superiority_Fighter ) that the OP is suggesting, is:
The Tempest-zero fighter ( https://csatheseparatists.fandom.com/wiki/Tempest_Zero )

I mentioned the Scarab! It's such an unusual ship, almost like they couldn't use the Vulture droids for some reason and so just created this small ship as fodder.

It's part of the reason I don't think we'll see the Scarab until there's no other option. That being said...the Scarab would be a difficult ship to find a home for in my opinion. It's supposed to be weaker than the Vulture but in the context of X-Wing the Vulture is already the swarm ship of the CIS and I don't think they want to add another swarm ship to the game. Furthermore...it really hasn't seen prolific use outside the Starfighter game.

Not saying I wouldn't want to see it! Just that I can't immediately see a place for it in the game.

The Shekelesh is one I missed out and I am not disappointed I did...boy is it uuuuugly. However I could see it being the three crew carrier for the CIS although I'd much rather a scaled don Trident, personally.

The NovaSword I think is the one most likely we'll see even if we don't see Durge as a pilot with the Tempest-Zero being not far behind.

While we're on the subject of obscure games. One up for Star Wars Starfighter! It's one of the reasons I am slightly disappointed we don't have Adi-Galia as a Delta 7 pilot and Rhys Dallows as an N1 Pilot. Hopefully a card pack is in their future! If FFG is going to do that, then give Scum/Republic the Guardian Mantis with Vana Sage. This almost inspires me to create a Star Wars Starfighter post.

2 hours ago, Ebak said:

I mentioned the Scarab! It's such an unusual ship, almost like they couldn't use the Vulture droids for some reason and so just created this small ship as fodder.

It's part of the reason I don't think we'll see the Scarab until there's no other option. That being said...the Scarab would be a difficult ship to find a home for in my opinion. It's supposed to be weaker than the Vulture but in the context of X-Wing the Vulture is already the swarm ship of the CIS and I don't think they want to add another swarm ship to the game. Furthermore...it really hasn't seen prolific use outside the Starfighter game.

Not saying I wouldn't want to see it! Just that I can't immediately see a place for it in the game.

I could definitely see the Scarab in the game!

Lorewise the Vulture was a more agile replacement for the Scarab, but the Scarab had heavier armor and was equiped a deflector shield, plus configurable wings ( https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Scarab-class_droid_starfighter ).

Statwise I would make it similar to the Vulture, but giv it Networked aim to instead make it synergise better with the HMP Gunship, something like:
2 attack, 2 agility, 2 hull, 1 shields.
Ship-ability, Networked Aim: You cannot spend your locks to reroll attack dice. While you perform an attack, you may reroll a number of attack dice up to the number of friendly locks on the defender.

Dial similar to the Hyena-bomber, but 2 turns are white.

Actions: Lock, Calc, Evade.

Outrigger-wings, c onfiguration: (Before you reveal your dial, you may flip this card)
Closed: 2 banks are blue, and you gain: Calc (white) -> Evade (red)
Open: 2 turns are blue, and you gain: Barrel-roll (white) -> Lock (red).

Edited by Sciencius

Man, the CIS used some *ugly* starships. Umbaran, Shekelesh, even the Tempest-zero is a bit of clunker. But on the other hand: Belbullab, Rogue-class, and now this beautiful, amazing, gorgeous NovaSword of which I had previously been blissfully unaware? *drool*

4 hours ago, Ebak said:

[snip]

All that considered...it would be good to have that along with the ships from Resistance since it's a very original design. In fact I'd prefer it over the T-85 because from looking at the S-91x, it seems like it's just another space superiority fighter with an astromech. It does look pretty large so perhaps the closest thing I could compare it to would be an ARC-170? A U-Wing?

I'd like to see a 3 attack, 3 defense medium base ship. I keep thinking the ship should be the 'elite' ship of the Resistance, like the E-Wing, TIE Defender etc but give it a unique flavor and making it medium base while retaining 3 defense would be interesting.

All just my thoughts and speculation mind you.

I like where your head is at. But. What you have described is pretty close to the IG's Aggressor? That's a tough row to hoe.

11 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

I find myself agreeing with this more and more - much as I hate the idea of needing to buy more ships, ha ha, my poor wallet.