The Ol’ Geriatric Giant [FO, Snoke]

By JBFancourt, in X-Wing Squad Lists

Well..... Snoke has been catching my eye lately; such an old enigmatic super tall guy...

For 13 points he has a POWERFUL ability for basically free when you consider the force point alone is normally priced around 11-13 points.

The big hangup has always been having to fly the Batwing to use him. Just too expensive vs the efficiency...

HELLOOOO, Xi Shuttle.... which already powers up the excellently efficient PS 1 FO ships, and CHEAP. Now Snoke can remove one of the big downsides of flying PS 1.

I’ve tried more swarmy builds, but I’m wanting to try generic Xi or Terex with aces.... it’s just that FO has got such GOOD low-I efficiency.

Any thoughts on the ol Geriatric Giant?

Snoke’s Pawns

(43) Commander Malarus [Xi-class Light Shuttle]
(13) Supreme Leader Snoke
(2) Proud Tradition

(41) First Order Provocateur [TIE/ba Interceptor]
(2) Proud Tradition

(48) Sienar-Jaemus Engineer [TIE/vn Silencer]

(25) Epsilon Squadron Cadet [TIE/fo Fighter]

(25) Epsilon Squadron Cadet [TIE/fo Fighter]

Total points: 199

I put my BA opposite my Main Cluster at a 45 degree angle... It’s insane how powerful Snoke is from round 1! If people turn away from BA he chases like a pseudo ace.

Fun list.

5b699f8b5268e5290c42adce0fd2ee3e.png

( @meffo 😁 👆 Super easy to copy and paste)

Edited by JBFancourt

tsss... proud tradition... tsss... ;)

JBFansnoke (200)

Commander Malarus — Xi-class Light Shuttle 43
Supreme Leader Snoke 13
Ship Total: 56

Sienar-Jaemus Engineer — TIE/vn Silencer 48
Ship Total: 48

Theory crafting only: plan to leave ol Snoke Shuttle completely out of it. Use the buoys to take locks on my own guys to do some long range coordination shenanigans and maybe a jam now and then.

Snoke Aces

(55) Major Vonreg [TIE/ba Interceptor]
(2) Proud Tradition

(76) Kylo Ren [TIE/vn Silencer]
(10) Precognitive Reflexes

(38) First Order Courier [Xi-class Light Shuttle]
(4) Sensor Buoy Suite
(1) Biohexacrypt Codes

Total points: 199

5 minutes ago, meffo said:

JBFansnoke (200)

Supreme Leader Snoke 13

Yeah undoubtedly better... forgot to mention I’m only using the ships I actually possess. 👍 😜

2 minutes ago, JBFancourt said:

Yeah undoubtedly better... forgot to mention I’m only using the ships I actually possess. 👍 😜

why is that? just play on TTS. then get the ships you like for real. you can never get enough silencers. that being said, i need more silencers. now, stop luring me out into other parts of the forums! i know where i belong. it's too bright out here and there are too many other users! hsssss! *crawls back into rules forum cave* preciouss ssilencssers to possessessss...

star-wars-episode-8-tie-silencer-pc-game

20 hours ago, JBFancourt said:

Well..... Snoke has been catching my eye lately; such an old enigmatic super tall guy...

For 13 points he has a POWERFUL ability for basically free when you consider the force point alone is normally priced around 11-13 points.

The big hangup has always been having to fly the Batwing to use him. Just too expensive vs the efficiency...

HELLOOOO, Xi Shuttle.... which already powers up the excellently efficient PS 1 FO ships, and CHEAP. Now Snoke can remove one of the big downsides of flying PS 1.

I’ve tried more swarmy builds, but I’m wanting to try generic Xi or Terex with aces.... it’s just that FO has got such GOOD low-I efficiency.

Any thoughts on the ol Geriatric Giant?

Snoke’s Pawns

I put my BA opposite my Main Cluster at a 45 degree angle... It’s insane how powerful Snoke is from round 1! If people turn away from BA he chases like a pseudo ace.

Fun list.

I mean, it's First Order, so nearly every ship is at least OK, and almost none of the upgrades are bad.

But...

18b2a1b00b2f8c6669b6b1d1b278dcf2.jpg

@meffo gets it.

Even though I don't know what the heck is up with that dutch angle (Stormtroopers can't shoot strait even with cameras?), needs more of these.

2 hours ago, JBFancourt said:

You mean, most folks don't have 3/4 Silencers?

1 hour ago, theBitterFig said:

I mean, it's First Order, so nearly every ship is at least OK, and almost none of the upgrades are bad.

But...

18b2a1b00b2f8c6669b6b1d1b278dcf2.jpg

@meffo gets it.

Even though I don't know what the heck is up with that dutch angle (Stormtroopers can't shoot strait even with cameras?), needs more of these.

You mean, most folks don't have 3/4 Silencers?

Yeah, I'm only at 2 Silencers, now. I know, I'm a slacker.

Edited by Captain Mayhem
context
1 hour ago, Captain Mayhem said:

Yeah, I'm only at 2 Silencers, now. I know, I'm a slacker.

Ditto at one.... shame shame. I intend to get more. I’ve actually been pondering picking up 3 Swollo’s off Amazon for ... giggles I guess. Lol.

But mainly talking Snoke... your I1 flavor of choice all boils down to roughly the same thing. Also.... sometimes more attacks are better.... and just more bodies are nicer for the mistake inclined among us. 😜 👍

22 hours ago, meffo said:

JBFansnoke (200)

Supreme Leader Snoke 13

I think that the SJE in itself is already plenty efficient, but together with snoke, it's just...

Not only does the blocking ability become absurd, but it's also almost impossible to escape the killboxes you can create.

The range of Malarus’ 0-2 reroll is so good too !!!!

Inspired by this thread, and because I ALSO only own two Silencers*... what do you all think of this?

Supreme Leader Snoke

(43) Commander Malarus [Xi-class Light Shuttle]
(1) Biohexacrypt Codes

(38) Lieutenant LeHuse [TIE/sf Fighter]
(9) Special Forces Gunner

Total points: 200

*I’m actually lying. I own three, but one of them is the absurdly-large-for-a-small base v1.0 Silencer, and I can’t bear to field it alongside the two smaller ones. Either way, I think I like the 5/5/1/1 initiative spread, and the inclusion of Biohexacrypt Codes, and LeHuse’s ability doesn’t entirely seem out-of place here.

9 hours ago, Cpt ObVus said:

*I’m actually lying. I own three, but one of them is the absurdly-large-for-a-small base v1.0 Silencer, and I can’t bear to field it alongside the two smaller ones. Either way, I think I like the 5/5/1/1 initiative spread, and the inclusion of Biohexacrypt Codes, and LeHuse’s ability doesn’t entirely seem out-of place here.

🤣 🤣

I just purchased a Swolo! I just recently saw @Hoarder of Garlic Bread flying one and realized I actually really liked it for variety sake.... only for Kylo tho

UP TO 2! 😝

PS... I think I’d fly Ember

Edited by JBFancourt
3 hours ago, JBFancourt said:

🤣 🤣

I just purchased a Swolo! I just recently saw @Hoarder of Garlic Bread flying one and realized I actually really liked it for variety sake.... only for Kylo tho

UP TO 2! 😝

I definitely gave Ember a long look, but A) you lose Biohexacrypt Codes, B) your initiative spread becomes a somewhat-more-clunky 1/1/4/5, and C) LeHuse actually has an ability that could save you from the downside of Malarus. Of course, I suppose the question then becomes “why fly Malarus, if you’re setting yourself up for rerolls anyway,” but I feel like it all works out.

I’m almost tempted to offer to trade my big Silencer for a third small one, if you have one, btw. Interested?

EDIT: Maybe I’m reading this wrong, and you don’t have a spare little one?

Edited by Cpt ObVus

Naw only one small. But I have the conv kit so I got a chunky for funsies off Amazon

4 hours ago, JBFancourt said:

🤣 🤣

UP TO 2! 😝

Excellent!

As an update for you watching my ill-fated games (batrep and such to come later this busy week), not only did I roll some average stuff online that night, but I invented a training tool that simulates severely haunted greens and it works! With it forcing myself to take the first of many many steps to learn to "see the matrix" of gameflow relative to the ticking timer, I'm beginning to be weaned off hiding behind clouds and hoping for at absolute worse moderately bad results. Winning with "Ghostmode" (so long as my opponent is fine with me severely handicapping myself) is indescribably good-feeling (although the ironic bit is that with this tool I have still to roll quite like Saturday XD).

Edited by Hoarder of Garlic Bread

That’s awesome