Marg Sabl closure

By Managarmr, in X-Wing Epic Play

This is going to be interesting in Huge ship battles for flying through Huges (even if you have to be a bit careful, you do not want to be squashed by your own or the enemy Huge).

Then on the earlier preview had I not realised that it is on deploy as well. Neat for Gozanti carried fighters, deploy and give your target a strain. Possibly several strains.

swz81_upgrade_marg-sabl-clousre.png

I missed the deploy bit initially too.

**** that will be nice on Gozanti carried ships indeed.

What counts as going through an obsticle do you have to clear said obsticle or can you land on it and have it count as long as you complete the Maneuver?

On 12/6/2020 at 2:57 PM, Skyworthy said:

What counts as going through an obsticle do you have to clear said obsticle or can you land on it and have it count as long as you complete the Maneuver?

Just have to overlap it with any part of your template. So mining guild ties for instance could really love this.

Edited by ForceSensitive
Removed a bit. Force of habit.
1 hour ago, ForceSensitive said:

Just have to overlap it with any part of your template or base. So mining guild ties for instance could really love this.

Moving through an obstacle has a specific definition in the Rules Reference. "A ship moves through an object if the template is placed on that object when the ship moves." A ship could pass entirely through an obstacle (like the bacon shaped gas cloud), but not "move through" it, because the template did not touch the obstacle. If the template doesn't touch the obstacle, the ship has not moved through it.

10 hours ago, missileaway said:

Moving through an obstacle has a specific definition in the Rules Reference. "A ship moves through an object if the template is placed on that object when the ship moves." A ship could pass entirely through an obstacle (like the bacon shaped gas cloud), but not "move through" it, because the template did not touch the obstacle. If the template doesn't touch the obstacle, the ship has not moved through it.

I said template had to overlap. What's the problem?

I was just clarifying that it had to be the template, not just the base of the ship.

Oh your right, I totally put base in there. Force of habit. Good catch.