Scarlet Bane Spiders

By jcbbjjttt, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

In Quest 2 from the Well of Darkness Expansion the Red Spiders are "Scarlet Banes". Is this true for all areas or just areas 2 and 3?

Thanks!

There are special rules in Areas 2 and 3 indicating that the spiders there are Scarlet Banes. There are no such rules for area 4, and the spider in area 5 is a different named monster.

I don't think any part of that is unclear. A rule saying that a specific monster is a named monster doesn't normally turn any other monsters into named monsters; all the rules about Scarlet Banes refer to specific pre-placed monsters in specific areas and give no indication they apply to any other monsters; and the fact that they have special rules in two areas only reinforces the fact that the rules in one area don't automatically apply to the others.

Antistone said:

There are special rules in Areas 2 and 3 indicating that the spiders there are Scarlet Banes. There are no such rules for area 4, and the spider in area 5 is a different named monster.

This was all you had to say. Way to make this a "friendly" community. *thumbs up*

This is what I thought, just wanted to get a second opinion.

All I had to say was information that anyone could've read directly out of the quest guide, and not explain my reasoning at all?

Um, OK...

Haha chill Jcbbjjittt~!

Anti-Stone's actually a pretty nice person if u can see past his grumpiness. I've been here for less den a month, but already I know he helps out almost every single question posted here - take and give a bit of sarcasm here and there :P

Wanderer999 said:

Haha chill Jcbbjjittt~!

Anti-Stone's actually a pretty nice person if u can see past his grumpiness. I've been here for less den a month, but already I know he helps out almost every single question posted here - take and give a bit of sarcasm here and there :P

+1.

Antistone has alot of good information. Sometimes its way too much if you`ve just started the game, but later you might find that extra information revealing answers to other questions arising. AS can seem sharp sometimes, but keep in mind he also spent his time free of cost to help you with your question.