Scum help (small collection)

By Gupa-nupa, in X-Wing Squad Lists

Ive got the following expansions:

- Slave One

- M3-A

- 2x z-95

- Fang

- hotshots and aces (for maul and stuff)

What should I fly? And what should be next in my collection?

Maybe this:

- Fenn Rau
- Boba Fett (Maul, Slave I)
- Sunny Bounder
198 points

Or to add a gun/blocker:

- Fenn Rau
- Boba Fett
- Binayre Pirate
- Binayre Pirate
198 points

As for what to get next, you have several options. I prefer variety, so I'd go with the Jumpmaster (Punishing One) or YT-1300 (Lando's Falcon). Maybe the YV-666 (Hounds Tooth) as well. The Mining Guild TIE is cool/fun but not a priority in my opinion. I know the Scum Falcon isn't very popular, but I really like it and it's a good value (two ships in one, lots of nice upgrades). For more solid or competitive options, another Fang and two more M3-As would be great additions.

Lots of options, but here are some opinions (from a mediocre, casual player - take note!)

Boba / Fenn is a popular meta option. Fenn typically takes Fearless and you try and trade him for as much as possible (ideally anything high initiative that Boba can't handle). Boba typically takes Maul, Slave I, Contraband Cybernetics, possibly a bomb, possibly perceptive co-pilot, possibly a shield upgrade ...

Minimally, I'd say all of the below are at least decent:

Boba w/ Maul

Fenn w/ Fearless

Skull Squadron w/ Fearless

Zealot Recruits without upgrades

Black Sun Soldiers w/ Crackshot

Cartel Spacers w/ Ion Cannon (people fly them with tractor beam or jamming beam, probably makes less sense when paired with higher initiative ships - Autoblasters are tempting but possibly a trap)

I like Genesis Red w/ Ion Torpedoes right now

I also like Quinn Jast w/ Advanced Proton Torpedoes

I second the suggestion of more Fangs and M3s. I personally think Seevor makes an awesome filler ship so I’d go for one Mining Tie.

Also agree, one or two other larger anchor ships to wrap the smaller ones around. Which ones seem totally up to individual taste. YV-666 to field the infamous Party Bus might be fun.

11 minutes ago, Spinland said:

I personally think Seevor makes an awesome filler ship so I’d go for one Mining Tie.

Oh yeah, completely forgot about Seevor... don't know how I could! Such an annoying ship to deal with. hehe So yes, Mining Guild TIE for sure.

Seeing what you have there tempts me to try something like this (using only what I believe is available to you):

Serissu (41)
Ion Cannon (6)
Ship total: 47 Half Points: 24 Threshold: 2

Fenn Rau (68)
Outmaneuver (6) (or Fearless (3))
Ship total: 74 (71) Half Points: 37 (36) Threshold: 2

Bounty Hunter (62)
Seismic Charges (3)
Shield Upgrade (6) (or drop Shield for Maul (12))
Ship total: 71 (77) Half Points: 36 (39) Threshold: 6 (5)

Total: 192 (or 189 or 195)

Everybody knows and rightfully acknowledges the strength of Fett and the other named Firespray pilots, but a modestly kitted-out generic is much nastier than it looks, and as it isn't named has a good chance to sneak under most folk's radar until it's too late. Of course, you can play with this a bit depending on your play style - especially good in my mind is swapping Fearless onto Fenn, or possibly giving Serissu Elusive to really make her tanky, and the toolbox available to the Firespray is astonishing. But you are missing a lot by way of crew, I'm afraid - definitely consider picking up Lando's Falcon. While the ship itself is slightly lackluster, its crew options are fantastic.

Lando's Falcon is also a beautiful model. I'm almost happier not flying it.

In order of preference, my next additions to that collection.

2 more Scyks. Having less than 3 causes physical pain.

1 more Fang. Or 3.... Tbh, you can do a lot with 1 and it feels fine. 2 is just nice. 4 is best.

I wouldn't jump straight into another Firespray, but 2 of those is so good.

YV-666 has a lot of fun packed in it and is a nice, if not necessarily handy, addition to Hyperspace.

At least 1 Mining TIE.

The Lancer is only this low because no 2.0 and a lot of people think it's weird. Otherwise I'd have it up with Scyks and Fangs.

The Falcon.

A couple of Kihraxz add some beefy, thumpy options.

The G1-A is a wickedly Scum tool.

A Quad ofc, because duh.

And then everything else, in more multiples .

starviper isnt getting much love here but its a great jousting ship, the generics are nasty. Maybe u have heard of Guri?

i agree with advice here... more fangs are nice. def one mining guild tie. maybe a shadowcaster? its priced for value right now - the generic with title is a beast in a low initiative list. dont forget 1 copy of the scum hawk! as long as u have the Moldy Crow title ur good to go.

my squads of choice right now use torkil/seevor/2 generic fangs/sunny bounder with autoblaster or generic shadowcaster/seevor/2 generic fangs/sunny bounder with autoblaster ;) torkil hurts aces.

Edited by Greedo_Sharpshooter
1 hour ago, Greedo_Sharpshooter said:

starviper isnt getting much love here but its a great jousting ship, the generics are nasty. Maybe u have heard of Guri?

I have a great deal of love for Vipers but atm, they don't get out much. I would have more love if they put generics in HS.

I'll second the starviper.

Make Guri Hyperspace Again!

(And yep, the generics would suffice also...)

9 hours ago, Cuz05 said:

Snip

Your list has a disturbing lack of Scurrg and Kimogila. 2 Scurrg and 1 Kimogila is a good addition to any scum player's arsenal. Also 1 jumpmaster, so you can play Dengar/Nom Lumb.

1 hour ago, Cerebrawl said:

Your list has a disturbing lack of Scurrg and Kimogila. 2 Scurrg and 1 Kimogila is a good addition to any scum player's arsenal. Also 1 jumpmaster, so you can play Dengar/Nom Lumb.

11 hours ago, Cuz05 said:

And then everything else, in more multiples .

:P

10 hours ago, Cerebrawl said:

I believe those are the only two Scum ships I don't have any of, matter of fact. Located a source for a couple each, still in the 1.0 boxes, and I have plenty of Conversion kit material so that gap will soon be filled.

47 minutes ago, Spinland said:

I believe those are the only two Scum ships I don't have any of, matter of fact. Located a source for a couple each, still in the 1.0 boxes, and I have plenty of Conversion kit material so that gap will soon be filled.

They're fun ships, enjoy the entry into Torani Kulda jank and Sol/Nym bomb lists

No IGs?? They’re fun to fly!!! And scummy!!