where are you at?

By happy_ythogtha, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

Just played Devil Reef for the first time, part of my Innsmouth Campaign with Trish and Stella. So far, enjoying Innsmouth a lot.

I've added a few Side stories in to the campaign so far, and with managing to get almost all the XP from each scenario, and Trish having Charons Obol, I've got a lot of XP built up to spend before the next scenario:

Stella: 16 spent, 25 remaining
Trish: 18 spent 35 remaining

Going to have fun upgrading these decks!

Might add War of the outer Gods as a side story next, as I just got it and haven't managed to play it yet.

We finished campaign B of Dream Eaters last night - while it took a while for Patrice to get going, as St. Hubert's Key was hiding from me, once she was in fully-operational mode (well, minus one Cornered), I was able to take care of business in Acts 2 & 3. Dexter, on the other hand, was having terrible luck with Clairvoyance and Azure Wrath (repeatedly pulling the tokens that hurt him), as well as pulling the auto-fail on what would otherwise have been a very useful Storm of Spirits...

Didn't even phase Patrice when the BBG spawned on her in Act 3 - evade tanked it for two turns while dropping damage with Improvised Weapon and a scenario ability, followed by chasing it down when it moved off, and beating it to deal with her violin - he was on his Last Chance with her last attack, but it is amazing what 5 ? icons and a +2 skill value can do to an attack...

That poor violin....

Could be worse - it could have been Act of Desperation...

I love when Patrice ends up being a combat monster!

3 hours ago, Allonym said:

Could be worse - it could have been Act of Desperation...

I love when Patrice ends up being a combat monster!

First time it's happened to me - sure, I've used Improvised Weapon when needed before when the group has needed something spiked, but never chased down a boss that was trying to run away...

OK, Cornered being in play, plus a hand with Reckless Assault and Last Chance may have had something to do with the ploy working, but it was still funny to take it down with basic Fight actions. Turned out I was more at risk when I used Improvised Weapon from the bin the preceding turn, making the attack merely at +1 - and even on Standard, the bag doesn't normally smile on such chances in TDE.