Weapon Attachment question

By angelman2, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Hi all,

Q uick clarification : Does attachment Weapon Qualities follow the attachment or the weapon? As in, if I put Rapid-Recharge Xciter (Gain Auto-Fire & Inaccurate 3) on my blaster, do I get 3 Setback every time I use said blaster or only when I put it on Auto-Fire (i.e. give myself +1 Difficulty to trigger the Auto-Fire Quality for my weapon)?

Edited by angelman2

When you slap on an attachment, it becomes part of the weapon, changing how the weapon works. The attachment gives the weapon new qualities. So you get those 3 SB every time. The weapon has become more inaccurate, as a cost of being able to dakkadakka with it, something the weapon was not originally designed to do.

I don't think there would be anything in the way of ruling, at least in some cases, that you only get the drawbacks if you make use of the bonus(es), but it makes it more fiddly, and you'd have to be consistent. As a GM I wouldn't go that route personally.

I'm sure someone will come up with arguments for either perspective, I'm going with simplicity in this case. If the weapon is modified (i.e. has received an attachment, not necessarily added modification options) everything applies all the time.

Get another blaster for those instances you don't want to go dakkdakka.

@angelman2

Jegergryte is correct. All the mods (good and bad) apply to the weapon.

Cool; clarification achieved! :D

Ok, this went so great that I want to try a new clarification question on all y'all.

Is there any reason why a Techie-turned-wannabe-Jedi can't use his Jury Rigged talent to boost the lightsaber he just found? Thoughts? (I assume this is legit, but I want to run it by y'all just for the fun of it).

Edited by angelman2

My read of the RAW says he could. I think it's a neat character idea. Just seeing some technician rig up a protosaber-like battery pack for that extra oomph. Won't say it's a viable concept against the real thing, though, but I like it when non-sensitives try to even the playing field.

I still feel newish, so second opinions are welcome.

3 hours ago, angelman2 said:

Ok, this went so great that I want to try a new clarification question on all y'all.

Is there any reason why a Techie-turned-wannabe-Jedi can't use his Jury Rigged talent to boost the lightsaber he just found? Thoughts? (I assume this is legit, but I want to run it by y'all just for the fun of it).

Per RAW, yes.

I'd also add in a caveat that it is reasonable for a GM to rule that the character does not have the knowledge or expertise to even attempt such a thing, much less do it for "free" as part of a talent.