WIP: Rhen Var Jedi Ruins

By Alpha17, in Terrain Building

Still very much a work in progress, with only a few pieces of terrain dedicated to this table right now, but here's what I've got:

IMG_20201008_141230531_HDR

Based loosely on the Jedi Sanctuary you evacuate Jedi from in the 2002 game "The Clone Wars," Rhen Var is perhaps most known from the original Battlefront games. I'll probably be stealing elements from both games for this depiction. I'm using FLG's "Snow 2" mat, as it captures the icy/snow feel from the games better than rocky/snow mats. (and FLG's current 20% off sale made it far more affordable than other options) The mat is a 6x4, so it is suitable for Grand Army or 2v2 games, or normal games with The Fifth Trooper's side bars.

In terms of terrain, the table will consist of a small Republic/Jedi outpost (landing pad, tower, maybe another building and some generators, similar to what I've stolen from my Republic Outpost table to show here), hills, wrecks, and Jedi ruins. The first examples of ruins and hills are shown here. I'm debating if I should try for multiple hills similar to what I have, or fewer, larger ones. As for the ruins, they'll be a mix of scratch made stuff (such as the Jedi Statue) and premade items from companies like Battlefield in the Box (such as the ruined fountain pictured)

IMG_20201008_141243871

I am very much open to suggestions on terrain or terrain ideas that fit these guidelines. I've considered trying to make an ice cave similar to the one on Battlefront's Rhen Var Harbor map, but that will likely be quite difficult, and may take up quite a bit of space. I've also considered throwing some tombs/sarcophagi amongst the ruins, similar to what we see in games.

Anywho, let me know if you have ideas, or if you love or hate the concept.

I love Rhen Var. One of my favorite planets. I vote for very large hills/ a lot of verticality like the harbor map.

Slowly making some progress on Rhen Var. Added another hill, some tombs, and got a dedicated landing pad/tower for this table.

IMG_20201020_172412287 IMG_20201020_172416758 IMG_20201020_172531389 IMG_20201020_172521339

Still painting the tower, but the table is starting to take shape. Trying to decide if I need yet another hill, or not. Definitely will be adding some small ruins, likely some ruined columns and what not, to the area around the tombs and statues. I'm still debating with my self if I should add a Republic Star Wheel or Jedi Order symbol to the center of the landing pad. Jedi symbol makes sense, but the Star Wheel looks better from various angles. Hmm....