Svavanging rules

By Seam, in Genesys

Hello!

I know Genesys is not made specifically to cover this, but I am starting a The Division game in two or three weeks, and I think scavaging is part of the setting. The main focus would be eatable food and clean water in an urban envireonment after a deadly pandemic (yes, I know... ). In the video game the characters could also stumble upon some more valuable things (like weapons, munitions, armor, clothing etc.).

Did anyone come up with some simple rules to cover those things?

Thanks for any help!

General scavenging for food and water seems to be covered by a Survival roll. Alter the difficulty based upon the fruitfulness of the area (has it already been picked clean). Number of successes results in how much food or water you find? Perhaps use Advantages to find something you weren't looking for. You are looking for food, but you roll some Advantages and find a bottle of water or a box of ammo, for example.

Sometimes I would use Perception. If you find a police armory that has been ransacked, I would have the players roll Perception to see if they find anything missed by prior looters.

Generally depends on the nature of the scavenging. I would default to Perception for general searching, Survival for foraging or dealing with more natural areas, or Mechanics if you're trying to salvage from something like an old car or generator or similar.

5 hours ago, Swordbreaker said:

Generally depends on the nature of the scavenging. I would default to Perception for general searching, Survival for foraging or dealing with more natural areas, or Mechanics if you're trying to salvage from something like an old car or generator or similar.

Good point on the Mechanics skill.