Hunting Horror chaos token forced ability

By cwlborg, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

Hi,

I have a question about the forced ability of the enemy *Hunting Horror*.

Who is drawing the chaos token at the beginning of the enemy phase? The lead investigator? The investigator who is engaged with *Hunting Horror*? Who is drawing the token if *Hunting Horror* is alone and exhausted at a location?

It would be good to clarify this because some investigators are able to modify chaos token draws.

Edited by cwlborg
wording

In general if a player isn't specified, the lead investigator is the one doing the thing, but I don't have a concrete rule to support this. In other similar situations, it's almost always the lead investigator doing the thing.

Does it even matter? The draw is supposed to be random, and not depend on any player's choice or ability. I'd say the lead 'gator can do it or delegate it to another player. But as long as no one at the table is hung up about it, it should just be whoever has the bag.

8 minutes ago, Carthoris said:

Does it even matter? The draw is supposed to be random, and not depend on any player's choice or ability. I'd say the lead 'gator can do it or delegate it to another player. But as long as no one at the table is hung up about it, it should just be whoever has the bag.

I think they're wondering if Jacqueline or Wendy can use her ability on it. The question is if the tokens revealed by the forced effect are 'revealed by an investigator'

Edited by Soakman

Hm. Okay, that's a legit question. I always sort of thought they were revealed "by" the Hunting Horror, and 'gator abilities wouldn't apply.