Please no! Not double Victory’s

By Herr Style, in Star Wars: Armada Fleet Builds

My son has started to get his own collection now, numbering two imperial and four rebel ships, plus a Reb Sqn 2 pack. At our local gaming store, there is always a single lonely Victory that no one wants, and I keep advising him not to get it as I have 2, and obviously he has one from the core set. So next game, I’ve decided to run my two Victory’s with my at the moment favourite Admiral, Screed, to show him how terrible they are lol.
The problem is, looking at my list, apart from the mediocre Squadron element I don’t think it looks too bad! Apart from ejecting Screed and shoving Tagge in there, prove me wrong and make it bad!

Victory II (85)

• Admiral Screed (26)

• Minister Tua (2)

• Disposable Capacitors (3)

• H9 Turbolasers (8)

• Heavy Ion Emplacements (9)

• Electronic Countermeasures (7)

= 140 Points

Victory II (85)

• H9 Turbolasers (8)

= 105 Points

Gladiator I (56)

• Ordnance Experts (4)

• Engine Techs (8)

• External Racks (3)

• Demolisher (10)

= 81 Points

Gozanti Cruisers (23)

• Repair Crews (4)

= 30 Points

Squadrons:

• Howlrunner (16)

• Black Squadron (9)

• 2 x TIE Fighter Squadron (16)

= 41 Points

Total Points: 397

Change the H9s for Gunnery Teams and put Titus/SFO on the other VSD and Demolisher then put officer Vader on the flotilla to get each of your main ships a reroll to deal with bad dice or to fish for accuracies by rerolling all blues and any blank reds.

You have Screed and HIEs rip shields very effectively so eat into the fighters a little to get ACMs on Demolisher. Or drop D-Caps or Repair crews to Comms net on the Gozanti.

Howlrunner doesn't benefit Black Squadron as it hasn't got swarm and she should really have 4+ other swarms in a list. Valen, Cienna and a TIE-F or TIE-Int will last longer and a single VSD can throw them all in.

I find Vic 1, Harrow, Engine Techs, assault proton torpedoes, ordnance experts to be a cost-effective combo.

13 hours ago, flatpackhamster said:

I find Vic 1, Harrow, Engine Techs, assault proton torpedoes, ordnance experts to be a cost-effective combo.

I was thinking of using the two Vic II’s as a sort of anvil for my Demo hammer. I could try a double envelopment though?

16 hours ago, Herr Style said:

I was thinking of using the two Vic II’s as a sort of anvil for my Demo hammer. I could try a double envelopment though?

Could do. You could put Tua + ECM on Harrow to ensure that you get to use your brace when you need it. It'll last much longer than a Gladiator would.

May go with this. Might ditch a Tie and go with a rogue as I normally give my son choice of first or second. (Going second a lot is good practice for me lol). Can add Titus/Darth Officer/Int officer on Demo etc..

Victory I (73)
• Admiral Screed (26)
• Minister Tua (2)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• Assault Proton Torpedoes (5)
• Harrow (3)
• Electronic Countermeasures (7)
= 120 Points

Victory II (85)
• Gunnery Team (7)
• Quad Battery Turrets (5)
= 109 Points

Gladiator I (56)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• Engine Techs (8)
• Assault Proton Torpedoes (5)
• Demolisher (10)
= 83 Points

Gozanti Cruisers (23)
• Comms Net (2)
= 25 Points

Squadrons:
• Ciena Ree (17)
• Valen Rudor (13)
• 2 x TIE Fighter Squadron (16)
= 46 Points

Total Points: 383

It looks like a fun little group, with enough firepower to keep your opponents sharp and enough squads to annoy them.

Had you considered Reserve Hangar Decks? There are few things MORE annoying than playing TIE Fighter whack-a-mole and you do have the points spare.

I would be tempted to switch Engine Techs from Demolisher to Harrow to allow them to both travel at speed 3.

Edited by flatpackhamster

Lol, that’s why I’ve got so many points left, no ET on Harrow!

Add this time Harrow and total points = 391, with possible Officer additions!