Thane and Deadeye Shot

By Sm00thB0r3, in X-Wing Rules Questions

Does Thane’s pilot ability and Deadeye Shot interact at all? It seems as though you would be able to expose two damage cards in one turn, one from his ability and one from Deadeye Shot? Is this correct or am I missing something?

54 minutes ago, Sm00thB0r3 said:

Does Thane’s pilot ability and Deadeye Shot interact at all? It seems as though you would be able to expose two damage cards in one turn, one from his ability and one from Deadeye Shot? Is this correct or am I missing something?

they don't interact at all, no, but they both work separately during the same attack if you like. please note that the damage card exposed from deadeye shot will always be randomized and the one exposed from thane's ability will always be chosen by the player controlling thane.

if the defender is in your bullseye, you can change a crit result to a hit result to expose a damage card with deadeye shot - and then spend that hit result to expose a damage card with thane.

both abilities have separate costs, so in most cases you'd need to spend two results, unless you have that crit to change to a hit.

swz70_a1_deadeye-shot_upgrade.png swz12_card_thane-kyrell.png

So what order does it resolve? Thane’s pilot ability then Deadeye Shot or DES then Thane?

On 10/4/2020 at 1:54 PM, Sm00thB0r3 said:

So what order does it resolve? Thane’s pilot ability then Deadeye Shot or DES then Thane?

which ever order you prefer. they're both optional (they use "may") player's abilities. the modify dice steps don't even use the ability queue.

Edited by meffo

Which means if you roll a single crit against an opponent with 2 damage cards and an evade you can flip the crit down with Deadeye shot, then spend the hit with Thane to flip both cards.

Does lead to one question, that I think I know the answer to: if you flip up a direct hit with Deadeye shot, does it flip down before Thane triggers to flip the direct up again?

3 minutes ago, SwampyCr said:

Does lead to one question, that I think I know the answer to: if you flip up a direct hit with Deadeye shot, does it flip down before Thane triggers to flip the direct up again?

Yes, you'd fully resolve that Direct Hit, dealing one damage (Another card, or a shield if they have shields left), then be able to Thane it.