War of the Outer Gods

By Duciris, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

Announcement . War of the Outer Gods - the GenCon & Arkham Nights that never were scenario - has an official announcement article!

ahc59-box.png

3 Cultist Factions via for power. They can even attack each other.

ahc59_a1_diagram1.png

You, your small group of fiends, or an entire legion of teams must band together against these warring fiends and, possibly, the gods they serve! (Two of the gods are viewable within the article.)

Trifecta of Evil

Three evil cults aim to rip our world apart as they call to their loathsome masters—can you forestall the imminent destruction of Earth? Look for the War of the Outer Gods scenario pack for Arkham Horror: The Card Game in December 2020 !

Edited by Duciris

This looks amazing. I always love to see what twists they pull out for these standalones. I can't wait!

Agreed. Since Labyrinths of Lunacy, (in my opinion one of the weakest) they have been upping their game with the Standalones.
This one almost feels like you should be able to call on an Avenger to come help you out!

Edited by Mimi61

This looks amazing. I hope in the future they consider producing more standalone scenarios that do not originate as 'convention events'. Curse and Carnevale being the examples. The odd single deck 'side mystery', and preferably MANY OF THEM, would be a lot of fun. Haunted Factories, Society Seances, Boating-picnics-for-two-gone-wrong. Would love to see more 'small tales' published throughout the year 'just because'.

Oh, and I preordered this immediately. ;)

Edited by Cotgrave
clarity
2 hours ago, Cotgrave said:

This looks amazing. I hope in the future they consider producing more standalone scenarios that do not originate as 'convention events'. Curse and Carnevale being the examples. The odd single deck 'side mystery', and preferably MANY OF THEM, would be a lot of fun. Haunted Factories, Society Seances, Boating-picnics-for-two-gone-wrong. Would love to see more 'small tales' published throughout the year 'just because'.

Oh, and I preordered this immediately. ;)

Curse was first released at Arkham Nights 2016 a few months prior to the game's release, and I don't recall exactly when Carnival was released, but I believe it was also a con release. :)

15 minutes ago, KBlumhardt said:

Curse was first released at Arkham Nights 2016 a few months prior to the game's release, and I don't recall exactly when Carnival was released, but I believe it was also a con release. :)

I did not know that - thank you for the correction. I will retool my suggestion then more toward the idea of 'side mysteries & rumors' as something I would like to see more regularly as a thing onto themselves. :)

Carnevale was released early due to delays in getting the first cycle out. I believe it was pretty close on the heels of Curse's retail release (like only like a month apart). I remember that vividly because we were all starved for new scenarios to play. I played the core campaign so many times :)

Edited by phillos

Murder at the Excelsior Hotel pre-released at AN'19, but it wasn't the con event. That was Blob.

for some reason this one isn't grabbing my attention. of all the Standalones it's got the weakest "cover" art.

some of the teased cards look amazing though!

The solution is still kill all of the cultists... right?

Paging Zoe... Murderbot required in aisle one...

10 minutes ago, dysartes said:

The solution is still kill all of the cultists... right?

Paging Zoe... Murderbot required in aisle one...

There is only one god in this game, Outer or otherwise.

This looks to be a lot of fun. I like the mechanic of the cultists going after each other and there are repercussions if it isn't stopped but there is no way to stop them all so you will have to make some tough decisions. I also wonder how much that will play in to the replayability of the scenario.

RM

Whenever they next hold an Arkham Nights...

tenor.gif

The title of this scenario and the cover art make me wonder if they might not be riffing off of War of the Worlds in the final act/agenda... puny humans looking up to the sky in terror as the gods summoned by one of the cultists answer their prayers and descend from the heavens? And how do the puny humans repel the divine alien invaders?

10 hours ago, TwiceBorn said:

The title of this scenario and the cover art make me wonder if they might not be riffing off of War of the Worlds in the final act/agenda... puny humans looking up to the sky in terror as the gods summoned by one of the cultists answer their prayers and descend from the heavens? And how do the puny humans repel the divine alien invaders?

...the common cold?