New Fiction - Questionable Shelter

By Doji Hyōkin, in L5R LCG: Lore Discussion

17 minutes ago, Mangod said:

I'm expecting some kind of "A Girl Worth Fighting For"-moment once our intrepid Prince reaches PLS HQ. Like, everyone's talking about peace and the kharmic wheel and Shinsei's teachings and what-not, and then they crest a hill and there's a peasant army getting ready to march against Mountain's Anvil.

"So, yes, this is the slightly less peaceful part of the Great Way of Peace ."

I will say nothing regarding people's expectations one way or another. πŸ™‚ Only letting y'all know that this hasn't slipped our minds; it's just running in the background until it reaches enough of a turning point that it claims a story slot.

1 hour ago, Kinzen said:

I will say nothing regarding people's expectations one way or another. πŸ™‚ Only letting y'all know that this hasn't slipped our minds; it's just running in the background until it reaches enough of a turning point that it claims a story slot.

Understandable. I know there's a big 'backlog', and one that will inevitably spall as new characters are introduced.

After all, we still haven't seen the one with the late Emperor's secret lover from the Burning Sands .... 😁

Mitsu really underestimates how much of a contrarian Daisetsu can be. Boy is chewing at Bushido despite being raised in the most Bushido-centric environment in the entire world, he makes people feel bad about themselves in literally every single story he shows up, the Perfect Land Sect has a snowball's chance in **** against this kind of power.

By the way, I bet when they reach the village and discover the PLS army, Daisetsu will go "Ah! An army! How convenient!" or something like that. Mitsu thinking that the PLS would leverage Daisetsu and not the other way around was cute.

Well that was exceedingly interesting. That old Lion curse continues to be quite relevant.

I can't help but wonder if it's a wink to the audience that Daisetsu's fake name is the same as the lady who bashed in Shahai's head in the old continuity and if that's foreshadowing anything.

Also, Shahai is such a good girl trying to keep her bf safe from himself.

18 hours ago, shineyorkboy said:

I can't help but wonder if it's a wink to the audience that Daisetsu's fake name is the same as the lady who bashed in Shahai's head in the old continuity and if that's foreshadowing anything.

. . . sure! That is totally a thing I knew about before you mentioned it and put in there on purpose, yep yep!

6 hours ago, Kinzen said:

. . . sure! That is totally a thing I knew about before you mentioned it and put in there on purpose, yep yep!

Every writer is a Scorpion.

"Why, yes, I meant to do that. It was my plan all along, of course. Kudos to you for noticing."

12 minutes ago, DGLaderoute said:

Every writer is a Scorpion.

"Why, yes, I meant to do that. It was my plan all along, of course. Kudos to you for noticing."

Sounds much like me when GM-ing the RPG.

More than once I've listened to the players speculating what nefarious schemes the villain is up to and I've been trying to keep a straight face whilst thinking ".... well, that's way better than what I'd planned! So I guess they're doing that now ....."

4 minutes ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Sounds much like me when GM-ing the RPG.

More than once I've listened to the players speculating what nefarious schemes the villain is up to and I've been trying to keep a straight face whilst thinking ".... well, that's way better than what I'd planned! So I guess they're doing that now ....."

I call BS, there is no way your players are thinking anything about the villains plot we all know they got sidetracked by your random NPC three layers back in the plot and have completely abandoned anything to do with your Villain while they have convinced themselves that the NPC is the real link to everything going on in the plot...or is that only the way my group plays.

No, no. That's pretty much true for everyone's players, I think.