New sep player

By Scientia06, in Army Building

I have been playing Imps for about a year now and have been looking to get into another faction partly because the friend that I play with the most complains endlessly about imperial gunlines and red defense (he plays Rebs) and also partly because I enjoy the idea of just overwhelming the enemy with endless bodies. So im wondering if people would be willing to give me an idea of what the seps do well and how they can be played in a way that makes them good but also fun and thematic.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Scientia06 said:

I have been playing Imps for about a year now and have been looking to get into another faction partly because the friend that I play with the most complains endlessly about imperial gunlines and red defense (he plays Rebs) and also partly because I enjoy the idea of just overwhelming the enemy with endless bodies. So im wondering if people would be willing to give me an idea of what the seps do well and how they can be played in a way that makes them good but also fun and thematic.

They actually don't need endless bodies, they don't win as well with that (watch the movies/shows, they never won anyway)

They have some of the most elite units in the game. They have some of the best characters in the game imo.

At this point, you're limited to what you can get a hold of.

I think their tank is the coolest heavy in the game and don't enjoy myself unless I'm playing one. Dooku and Grievous are both really good. I think the BX commando droids are some of the most versatile units in the game as well. B1 droids are just for filler and ACTIVATION control. This is what the army excels at and is probably what their theme is. They do it better than Imperials. They do have some Red dice though (so do Rebels though, so your friend may have to eat his words)

The most distinctive aspect of the CIS army is its activation control, done correctly in a lot of competitive CIS builds your should have near 100% activation control to be able to activate any unit exactly when you want to, enabling virtually any unit to Last/First, or to be able to activate a specific unit to get value out of it before it dies etc.

Also as much as many players say that CIS isn't a 'swarm' army the reality is that as of right now you can literally get over 60 minis in an army, Even something like this with 10 activations has 61 minis in the army would be pretty intimidating for an opponent to take out:

790/800

General Grievous (175 + 33 = 208)

--Aggressive Tactics (10), Strict Orders (5), Endurance (6), DT-57 Annihilator (12)

B1 Battle Droids (36 + 24 = 60)

--E-5C B1 Trooper (18), B1 Battle Droid (6)

BX-Series Droid Commandos (68 + 6 = 74)

--Vibroswords (6)

--Vibroswords (6)

--Vibroswords (6)

The other 3 factions don’t even come close to those numbers for anything that would be considered competitive