Repulsorlift Stabilizers + Seasoned Navigator

By Ximatique, in X-Wing Rules Questions

Hello everyone.

Considering the recent HMP release, let's have a look at this combination.

Can you dial in a 2 turn left and change it to a 2 turn right sideslip ? The timing appears to be the same but i'm not sure how those two cards interact, if they interact at all ?

57074bd7f510c9c4fd3717894e0239a0.png Card_Upgrade_47.png

There is an entry in the Rules Reference v1.2.0 FAQ section on p35 that references Hera pilot being used in conjunction with the Navigator crew. I think that entry can be used as precedent to allow the combination of Navigator+Repulsors.

Edited by nitrobenz
proofread

I'm unsure of the value this has, given the ship is at best I3 and already pretty expensive with the config...

On 9/26/2020 at 9:01 PM, RejjeN said:

I'm unsure of the value this has, given the ship is at best I3 and already pretty expensive with the config...

Combine it with another ship carrying either Intel Agent crew or (more preferably) Sense force talent to make high-init less relevant.

Side note, little weird this ship has crew spots as it wasnt designed to carry living beings. But i guess mechanically for the games sake...

5 hours ago, Lyianx said:

Side note, little weird this ship has crew spots as it wasnt designed to carry living beings. But i guess mechanically for the games sake...

I was surprised at the crew slot, as well. Not only does it not canonically have one, currently the only crew I'd put on one is Grevious as everything else is too expensive on a low init 8 health ship. Odd choice by FFG. Perhaps they will drop the crew slot after the Firespray releases.

4 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

I was surprised at the crew slot, as well. Not only does it not canonically have one, currently the only crew I'd put on one is Grevious as everything else is too expensive on a low init 8 health ship. Odd choice by FFG. Perhaps they will drop the crew slot after the Firespray releases.

Makes for an interesting Palp carrier that could be a problem to pin down. Not saying it'd be great though.

I'm hoping we will get some commando droids to carry in the future like we see in the artwork. Maybe they could add a primary attack die if calculating.

1760112594_CommandoDroids2.png.11ae3563730e04fdc0b03cec4b49c115.png

On 9/26/2020 at 11:01 PM, RejjeN said:

I was thinking this could be a good combination also, so I tried this the other day and after two games I never once used Seasoned Navigator. I like the idea of being able to change from the slipstream if things don't go your way but they fly really well and I never needed to make that kind of adjustment. So I'm starting to agree that the points could be better spent.

6 hours ago, SILENT FURY said:

I'm hoping we will get some commando droids to carry in the future like we see in the artwork. Maybe they could add a primary attack die if calculating.

1760112594_CommandoDroids2.png.11ae3563730e04fdc0b03cec4b49c115.png

I was thinking this too actually. Dont get me wrong, weird as it may seem, im ok with it carrying crew. Lucas knows the CIS need all the help they can get right now. I just dont want it to become overpower later and get nerfed.. but then i guess they could always just remove the crew slots if it gets out of control so eh!

4 hours ago, Lyianx said:

Lucas knows the CIS need all the help they can get right now.

[looks at this fellow in confusion while struggling not to drown in a sea of CIS-emblemed Nantex]

7 hours ago, DR4CO said:

[looks at this fellow in confusion while struggling not to drown in a sea of CIS-emblemed Nantex]

I think this has gotten overblown due to the prevalence of online tournaments/leagues. Practically no one will buy 6 Nantex, because everyone knows they'll be nerfed to **** next time an update comes around... Which is sad in a way, I really liked the mechanics behind them but I also despise chasing the meta, so I haven't used mine in a while now..

A B-2 battle droid crew could be cool too, because in cannon they are in racks beneath the HMP.

6 hours ago, RejjeN said:

I think this has gotten overblown due to the prevalence of online tournaments/leagues. Practically no one will buy 6 Nantex, because everyone knows they'll be nerfed to **** next time an update comes around... Which is sad in a way, I really liked the mechanics behind them but I also despise chasing the meta, so I haven't used mine in a while now..

6 Nantex just won a 54 person tournament in Italy which was an "in-person" tournament. 6 out of the 54 people brought 6 Nantex. The next closest ship brought was TIE fighters at 15 ships, compared to the 36 ships brought by the Nantex players.

Don't underestimate people's desire to win, even if it is only until November.

Edited by 5050Saint
2 hours ago, 5050Saint said:

6 Nantex just won a 54 person tournament in Italy which was an "in-person" tournament. 6 out of the 54 people brought 6 Nantex. The next closest ship brought was TIE fighters at 15 ships, compared to the 36 ships brought by the Nantex players.

Don't underestimate people's desire to win, even if it is only until November.

Here's the thing tho. Strong meta's like that, will be nerfed. No question. FFG doesnt want to see 1 specific list flooding tournament tables. If they see that 6 Nantex is prevalent, with little to no variance (meaning, its the only CIS list people bring, or the only list of ANY faction people bring), then they will nerf it. They (And I) want diverse lists. If the 6 people who brought that list, were in the top 10, thats an issue. If that list was the only CIS list in the tournament, thats an issue.

Regardless, it will be short lived and i stand by my statement that the gunship should help add diversity to CIS lists. One ship in one list type being dominant does not a strong faction make.

On 10/1/2020 at 6:32 PM, Lyianx said:

Regardless, it will be short lived and i stand by my statement that the gunship should help add diversity to CIS lists. One ship in one list type being dominant does not a strong faction make.

Oh, definitely. It's a fun ship to fly, and I look forward to seeing them in play. Currently, however, Nantex will overshadow them. Crait had more 6 Nantex lists than HMP ships fielded.

I'm looking forward to the November points change. I do worry that other things may be overlooked with Nantex taking the spotlight. I don't like 4 Wookiees + 1 being a thing, and Rey and Zizi should probably go up a point each, but Mosquito season might be drawing all the attention.

I find the HMP to be way more fun to fly than the Nantex.

---

I also find the Crew slot to be very odd. A Sensor or Cannon crew would be better.