New RR document available...

By feltipern1, in X-Wing Rules Questions

Still no clarification on Rhymer. Otherwise looks like they hit on most of what has been asked.

wow. they actually sorted out a lot of stuff this time around. excellent. some of the news: vader crew is now a choice properly. you can now coordinate enemy ships. effects that alter difficulties of maneuvers now alter the difficulty before, during and after the maneuver is executed. chewbacca does not work with explosion with wings, since the effect of his charge recurring does not have a setup-header. they clarified flipping a dial up is not revealing a dial. they further explained how the ability queue and optional abilities work. they spelled out that rerolling is not the same thing as rolling. they erratad kallus's missing ship ability. thermal detonators are in the game. there is a new type of upgrade classified as a hyperdrive upgrade. structures are coming. standardized is a keyword for squad building. builder keyword? slamming is further restricted to the activation of the ship slamming. sideslips are explained in detail. rotating ships is described. secret conditions is now a thing. reinforce works at range 4-5. attack range is messured from the attack arc. negative recurring charges is a new keyword. linked actions are further described and somewhat restricted. jamming and breaking locks or removing green tokens is now explicitly decided by the jammer, in detail. allied is a new keyword. difficulty of maneuvers is expanded upon - and most importantly, the straight white two forwards is now a keyworded game term, a stress maneuver. oh yeah - limited conditions are further explained.

funnily, you still cannot jam friendly ships according to the rules. but coordinating enemies is fine. also, what's up with "builder keywords"? sounds interesting.

yeah, it actually looks like there might be someone in development sometimes reading these forums.

Edited by meffo
3 minutes ago, meffo said:

"builder keywords"

They're another way for the developers to control where upgrades can go during squad building. Last column of the ships sections of the pdfs. Examples: TIE, Darkside, Lightside, & A-Wing.

The "Standardized" restriction looks interesting.

Couple things I noticed:

Chewbacca and explosion with wings was apparently too strong to be allowed to live.

Slamming being restricted to the only action during a ships activation has been removed as a restriction, this enabling red slams.

Concussion bombs did not receive an errata, therefore the only way to use them is to launch them.

Edited by missileaway
4 minutes ago, missileaway said:

Concussion bombs did not receive an errata, therefore the only way to use them is to launch them.

I'll take "Things a HMP Gunship cannot currently do." for 100 Alex. 🤣

No sensor slot on the HMP.

Edited by Hiemfire

Things to note:

• I like how the Purple Moves without force charges are resolved. It becomes a stress maneuver, then if you're already stressed, it becomes 2 Straight. It won't be easy to spend force early to alter how a Purple move behaves.
  • Spending a charge is specifically losing a charge, so Quickdraw with Inertial Dampeners works for a bonus attack.
  • Secret Conditions exist. Or do they?
  • The Coordinate errata irks me. Personally, I don't think it was needed, and it seems like the kind of thing that might open other problems later, where a non-action coordinate forces you to coordinate an enemy ship if there aren't friendlies in range. Gee, thanks everyone complaining about Hondo not working. Maybe this is irrelevant right now, but might easily be a bigger problem down the road.
  • Two layers of Linked actions do not stack.
  • Sideslip definitions are counter-intuitive as f***. A banked-right sideslip moves your ship to the left. I'm not a fan of that at all.
    • I guess the handy hint: your facing after a sideslip will be the same as the facing would be with a normal maneuver of that kind.
  • SLAM can now be used in with actions other than your standard action, so long as it's during your activation. This has all sorts of implications for T-70s.
  • I like the Thermal Detonators effect. Half-a-damage and a quarter of a strain per trigger. I wonder if the bomb can be dropped in multiples.
  • Leia works with BB Astromech now. Maneuver difficulty changes also apply to "before you execute" and "after you execute" effects.
  • Weapon-then-targets matters for Automated Target Protocols, as expected.
Edited by theBitterFig
10 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

I like how the Purple Moves without force charges are resolved. It becomes a stress maneuver, then if you're already stressed, it becomes 2 Straight. It won't be easy to spend force early to alter how a Purple move behaves.

Um... Stress Maneuver = White 2 straight. They just named it finally. Ships without an active force charge attempting to perform a purple performs a stress maneuver instead. From RR page 3 (Stress Maneuver definition bolded. Purple maneuver without active force underlined) :

• If a stressed ship attempts to execute a red maneuver, the ship executes
a stress maneuver instead. The stress maneuver is a white [<straight> 2]
maneuver.
The bearing, difficulty, and speed of this maneuver cannot be
changed unless an ability explicitly affects the stress maneuver.

• If a ship with no active <force charge> attempts to perform a purple maneuver, it
executes a stress maneuver instead

1 hour ago, Hiemfire said:

I'll take "Things a HMP Gunship cannot currently do." for 100 Alex. 🤣

No sensor slot on the HMP.

I'm not sure where this "launch-only" use of Concussion Bombs is coming from. The card clearly says "drop".

1 hour ago, feltipern1 said:

I'm not sure where this "launch-only" use of Concussion Bombs is coming from. The card clearly says "drop".

No template is listed, therefore the drop can’t be done.

2 hours ago, feltipern1 said:

13 minutes ago, Innese said:

And the rules for dropping devices specifically state that the template used is stated on the device's upgrade card.

3 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Um... Stress Maneuver = White 2 straight. They just named it finally. Ships without an active force charge attempting to perform a purple performs a stress maneuver instead. From RR page 3 (Stress Maneuver definition bolded. Purple maneuver without active force underlined) :

Guess I misread it, thanks. I'd thought it went from Purple to Red, and then if stressed into 2WS.

Bah, I like this less. I don't like the idea of dialing in a purple move, then spending force first to bail out of it.

4 hours ago, Innese said:

4 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

And the rules for dropping devices specifically state that the template used is stated on the device's upgrade card.

I'm going to assume that it's a typo on the card that they haven't caught yet, and use the 1-straight template just like every other bomb - ever - uses. :P

30 minutes ago, feltipern1 said:

I'm going to assume that it's a typo on the card that they haven't caught yet, and use the 1-straight template just like every other bomb - ever - uses. :P

For casual games, as long as your opponent agrees, have at. For tournaments make sure to check with the TO or Marshal just to cya. :)

21 hours ago, feltipern1 said:

Thankfully, the "official rulings" thread at the top of this forum has confirmed that it's precisely this. You use the 1 straight template for drops, and the card will soon/someday/eventually receive official errata to reflect that.