Has anyone used Soresu to

By copperbell, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

Just wondering since since Soresu and other Jedi careers allow them to use a different characteristic to wield a lightsaber has anyone tried a version of this that effects a different skill for example Brawl?

Have any of you considered this and if you have how did it fare was it any good?

2 hours ago, copperbell said:

Just wondering since since Soresu and other Jedi careers allow them to use a different characteristic to wield a lightsaber has anyone tried a version of this that effects a different skill for example Brawl?

Have any of you considered this and if you have how did it fare was it any good?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but Shii-Cho and Juyo still use Brawn, and have Lightsaber abilities pinned to those skills.

41 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but Shii-Cho and Juyo still use Brawn, and have Lightsaber abilities pinned to those skills.

He means creating specs focused on melee and brawl skills which depend on braw’ But with a talent that allows the use of another attribute like niman allowing lightsaber +will instead of lightsaber + brawn rolls I think

Just now, MB -Fr- said:

He means creating specs focused on melee and brawl skills which depend on braw’ But with a talent that allows the use of another attribute like niman allowing lightsaber +will instead of lightsaber + brawn rolls I think

OOH...

I read "Brawl" as "Brawn."

@copperbell , I actually have. I mothballed the project, but would be willing to pull it back out again. It was translating some of the Lightsaber form trees into non-Force-sensitive melee (lowercase "m") trees.

My first long term play Force User character was an Iktotchi Brawn-focused Soresu Defender. Still probably my favorite PC ever played in this system

Played her for a 600+ earned XP campaign. Kept Brawn as my Lightsaber stat, went heavy into Willpower as my secondary stat. Focused on the Discipline skill, and Force Move as my main Force Power, along with some Force Sense (the left side of the tree). Used a basic Lightsaber hilt with a modded Lorridian gem and modded Reflex grip.

Basically used Force Move to for battle field control and to attack and for mobility on my turns, and relied on my good Soak+Reflect/Parry, and great defensive stats which could combine with Imp. Reflect/Parry to avoid being damaged, and to generate some offense when being attacked too.

Tons of fun, but heavily reliant on both Strain and darkside pips. Had to put all my resources that weren't spent on increasing her defensive abilities toward managing Strain. And I think she ended the campaign with, like 38 Morality cause she relied on the Force so much.

Was just the tankiest tank, never once got knocked unconscious in combat during the whole campaign, could easily dish out plenty of offense with the Force or the Lightsaber.

Kind of limited outside of combat, though her athleticism and coercion did get regular use, as well as the Move Power cuz it's just such a flexible power, all kept that fun enough too.

All around a really fun approach, really felt like a classic conception of a Jedi.