Upcoming reprints no longer listed

By jacknozwad, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

Once there was a time when Fantasy Flight showed what was being reprinted in the upcoming tab on their website. I Just started buying the Arkham Horror card game and am now faced with the "out of stock" issue with at least 1 pack in every expansion block. Since these expansions are split into parts it's now really difficult to judge whether or not to even start buying a expansion since I might not be able to get a pack right in the middle. Why doesn't Fantasy Flight show what's being reprinted anymore? I want to say the last time i saw something in the "Reprint coming" category was 2017 or so.

A fair question. I also wish they would do that again. I thought it was an excellent idea to set expectations, and alleviate some customer angst. I'm guessing there was some logistical issue that caused them to drop it unfortunately.

At the very least it was nice to know they were trying to get a reprint made.

On 9/19/2020 at 4:59 PM, jacknozwad said:

Why doesn't Fantasy Flight show what's being reprinted anymore?

Because they get a million emails to customer service and Twitter comments when they don’t meet these deadlines.

With the world in such a chaotic and unpredictable state right now it is impossible to forecast fulfilment dates. The factory that made little plastic blister packs is probably now making little plastic faceshields. The container ships that transported frivolous gaming materials are now booked up with healthcare supplies.

This affects all manner products and no one is stupid enough to be the one to say “hey you bumped my container of first-world trinkets just so people could get lifesaving medical products, I’m gonna sue!” That would be a PR disaster.

4 hours ago, ArkhamChronicle said:

Because they get a million emails to customer service and Twitter comments when they don’t meet these deadlines.

With the world in such a chaotic and unpredictable state right now it is impossible to forecast fulfilment dates. The factory that made little plastic blister packs is probably now making little plastic faceshields. The container ships that transported frivolous gaming materials are now booked up with healthcare supplies.

This affects all manner products and no one is stupid enough to be the one to say “hey you bumped my container of first-world trinkets just so people could get lifesaving medical products, I’m gonna sue!” That would be a PR disaster.

They Never showed any fulfillment dates on their upcoming reprint listings, not once ever. The point was so we knew there were reprints coming NOT a when. It was just an effort to give a heads up it was being worked on.

They do post their expected release dates on new product even with the "current shipping delays."

Nothing ever "bumps lifesaving medical products" They don't ship medical product on over sea shipping (unless it is too large to ship in an aircraft). 99.9% of all board and card game manufacturing ships using over sea shipping.

Its always in the interest of and business creating consumables to show expected fulfillment dates because people with be more likely to have money prepared for purchase. This is Economics 101.

I would have assumed that putting the reprints on the page actually saved them correspondence since they probably get tons of requests now for information on upcoming reprints anyway. Though I obviously have no first hand information to back that up.

I am hoping that there are some reprints on the way....lots of items unavailable. But I imagine that they are working their way through the pipeline.

I need to play this game more...

In case anyone is looking for any Forgotten Age packs, the whole campaign is available through FFG (except Return To).

Edited by Mimi61