Quicksilver speculation

By Humantorch101, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

I have quite a few dancing thoughts in my head about Quicksilver as one of my favourite old time avengers and even way back as part of the original brotherhood.

How will they represent his super speed apart from. Readying him again and again?

His super speed tricks?

Apart from Wanda being his signature ally will we see more Inhumans in this pack, Crystal his wife seems possible?

Who will be his Nemesis? Apart Magneto, which would be amazing I can't think of anyone, maybe the High Evolutionary?

What will be his obligation? His extreme bad temper?

Any thoughts? I'm. Looking forward to how they represent super speed generally as movement as a power seemingly is represented mechanically as either being able to thwart more or as a readying ability.

A few general options:

A damage evasion option, possibly also being able to protect teammates? Representing dodging at super speed, or moving people out of the way/blocking projectiles etc.

AOE damage, representing hitting a whole bunch of enemies at once.

Card draw is a little abstract, but works as a way to simulate doing more in the same amount of time; it can also help set up a 'big turn' where you make a whole bunch of plays in one turn that feels 'super speedy'.

I think we'll probably see 'generic stat buffs' packaged as super speed, just to enable his power. Something like 'Rapid Punches, increase your ATK by 2 until end of turn'.

For more advanced options, they could give him some kind of full mechanic to depict his super speed (e.g. he builds up and spends counters or whatever) but that seems unlikely based on what they've showed up.

Crystal does seem like a likely choice for an ally.

Nemesis, I can't say I know enough about him to know whether there'd be any #1 choice (99.999% chance I can't see them doing Mags). May just be someone random he's had a fight with in the past.

I could see his obligation being a little nastier ala Hulk, and not having a removal option. Just pick how you get screwed. The actual effect would probably depend on his actual mechanics (e.g. if they went with 'draw lots of cards', forcing him down to a low hand size).

9 hours ago, Humantorch101 said:

Who will be his Nemesis? Apart Magneto, which would be amazing I can't think of anyone, maybe the High Evolutionary?

There's no obvious nemesis that springs to mind but can't see it being Magneto - that's more family in-fighting - not nemesis.