Nantex practice

By MasterShake2, in X-Wing Battle Reports

Background: I played a lot of triple and quad ensnare Nantex builds, so I'm familiar with the chassis. Charles has also played against the triple and quad Nantexes when I was testing them. So no experience with this specific list, but experience with the chassis on the both sides.
-
Game 1 was kind of a punt, although still useful and I feel like someone's first experience with the list will go in a similar direction.
-
  1. Time on target with the Nantexes are super high
  2. Bullseye damage is pretty dumb
  3. Rey struggled to not get blocked in game 2.
  4. Pinpoint tractor + turret is a perfect combination to make I3 or less pilots kind of useless.
  5. Separating ships helps, but they can't be so far away as to not support each other which is a challenging balancing act
  6. Nantexes are the most "exposed" on the joust, but that only matters if they can't just burn targets down and only 2 bullseyes + turret shots are does enough to take down a lot of ships.
  7. Post joust, not needing to do red maneuvers to keep dice on target gives them a sizable advantage
-
Edited by MasterShake2

What exactly IS nantex?

8 hours ago, LTuser said:

What exactly IS nantex?

If your ship is I4 or below, it's 6 aces. If you're i5-6, it's 6 hard-hitting blockers.

Practice against bugs in HS. I didn't feel like coming up with a creative list, so I just put intimidation on all the bugs vs 4x I5 resistance.

-

My greens were pretty solid, but my reds were kind of crap, so that just made it take forever to kill most things. I do thin my opponent did a good job of avoiding traps outside of an early one for Zizi