Sith Tombs and Spirits

By Rimsen, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny RPG

Hey everyone!

I'd like to introduce Karness Muur the long dead sith spirit into my campaign against the reborn rakghoul virus.

Is there a sourcebook I can check for sith tombs, spirits, places of darkside and general inspiration so I don't have to come up with everything by myself? I've played mostly Edge so far, not really familiar with the Force line.

1 hour ago, Lord Dust said:

Nexus of Power

As @Lord Dust says, Nexus of Power is the sourcebook for game mechanics on places string in the force. It's a great resource for any F&D campaign.

In terms of other inspiration, there are a couple of things that are useful when dealing with ancient dead Sith:

• Darth Bane: Rule of Two - This book has a nice depiction of dealing with dead sith lords, and how they're not helpful at all; more tormenting and malevolent than helpful. Few references are present within the book, but the ones that exist give more of an impression of a person who is haunted than directly interacted with.
  • Star Wars: The Clone Wars Episode #3.17: "Ghosts of Mortis" - Directly depicts Yoda interacting with a dead sith lord's spirit at a nexus of power. Useful for inspiration and doesn't involve reading an entire book for very little helpful content.
  • KotoR II - has some strong plot that involves dead sith (I believe... to my shame I have not actually played it)
21 minutes ago, SufficientlyAdvancedMoronics said:

As @Lord Dust says, Nexus of Power is the sourcebook for game mechanics on places string in the force. It's a great resource for any F&D campaign.

In terms of other inspiration, there are a couple of things that are useful when dealing with ancient dead Sith:

• Darth Bane: Rule of Two - This book has a nice depiction of dealing with dead sith lords, and how they're not helpful at all; more tormenting and malevolent than helpful. Few references are present within the book, but the ones that exist give more of an impression of a person who is haunted than directly interacted with.
  • Star Wars: The Clone Wars Episode #3.17: "Ghosts of Mortis" - Directly depicts Yoda interacting with a dead sith lord's spirit at a nexus of power. Useful for inspiration and doesn't involve reading an entire book for very little helpful content.
  • KotoR II - has some strong plot that involves dead sith (I believe... to my shame I have not actually played it)

Yes, I love the Bane books. Really good source material. In my mind, I try to depict them similar to Marka Ragnos in Jedi Academy or the spirits of Korriban in Kotor 1-2. Those are the mediums I'd like to convey to my players.

27 minutes ago, Rimsen said:

I try to depict them similar to Marka Ragnos in Jedi Academy or the spirits of Korriban in Kotor 1-2. Those are the mediums I'd like to convey to my players.

In that case, I'd recommend taking a look at this piece which was posted by @Kainrath recently:

Ir's a re-work of an older module, but it checks out. I was intending to download a copy locally, and this has now reminded me to do so.

It may help inspire the kind of thing you're thinking of.

Edited by SufficientlyAdvancedMoronics

I'll check it out definitely! Thanks

5 hours ago, SufficientlyAdvancedMoronics said:

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Episode #3.17: "Ghosts of Mortis" - Directly depicts Yoda interacting with a dead sith lord's spirit at a nexus of power. Useful for inspiration and doesn't involve reading an entire book for very little helpful content.

You're mixing two different stories together.

3.17 was the culmination of the Mortis arc. You're thinking about Yoda's arc in season 6. I believe the episode you are thinking about in particular is "Sacrifice."

4 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

You're mixing two different stories together.

3.17 was the culmination of the Mortis arc. You're thinking about Yoda's arc in season 6. I believe the episode you are thinking about in particular is "Sacrifice."

Fortunately I rarely include anything from the animated series, so no danger of misuse :D (Rather use the old legends material)

Edited by Rimsen