Vets heavy weapon and T-47 over priced

By Rokian, in Army Building

On 9/11/2020 at 5:34 PM, bllaw said:

People take troopers over vehicles because as the game is rn, vehicles in general kind of suck. FFG is making ways to make them better with recent objectives and deployment cards and maybe eventually they'll be viable units. But for now it's got nothing to do with the fact that compulsory move is a bad mechanic its entirely due to the fact that they can't score objectives. And yes, speeder bikes should be able to score objectives but I'd say theyre the sole vehicle that should be able to do say, MAYBE also the AT-RT. So FFG didn't want to make an exception like that at the very start of the game with a unit

Last competition I was at had several tanks and both rebel and republic ATRT, as well as a double ST list

Edit I forgot the imperial with the speeder bikes

Edited by syrath

In the end i agree , the speeder keyword is more a downfall than anything else.

The compulsory move may not cause any problem in the beginning but it won't survive a lot on later rounds if you don't kill a lot of the enemies troops ( remember, this is not a game about killing , it is about objectives ) and ..... the speeder veichles are terrible to take objectives .

You may say that they work with bombing run , but , how many times you will get to choose the objective having such expensive unit ? also , the other player will skip it pretty easy ( i played only once this objective and it only happend because we wanted to try it at least once )

Key position- you will have to survive to the end with the veichle and you need to think at least on round 4 where you want to be to have a nice position on that objective.

Breakthrough - you have to survive to the end game with it , and again , it is pretty hard

Hostage exchange - not good , not terrible , only ok

bombing run - the best objective for this kind of unit , the t-47love it because it is imune to range 1 weapons

I see the the point of not wanting to change the compulsory move and i agree , the best option would be to receive with the speeder keyword : outmanouver + dodge token when you move ... and later on more objective friendly to this type of unit ...

maybe something like connect the transmitters ( making units get one info in one transmitter and go to another, any unit ) or marking for orbital strike ( choose one unit to use the marker , this unit will mark a location at range 1 for the strike to hit 2 rounds after , each unit on range 1 of that place will suffer 5 wounds , who have more points left on the table wins).

or conditions like : increase de difficult of all terrains ( if it is already difficult for troopes, it becomes difficult for ground veichles ) or wild animals territory (each player places 2 of one animal mini , if you are range 1 of them , they will engage and attack that unit )