Wasp preview article is up!

By BCumming, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

So Fem-Thor is a heavier version of Valkyrie which targets the villain instead of a minion. Interesting...

mc06en_a1_valkyrie.png mc13en_thor.png

I want to see what the rest of All for One says.

As for Wasp, she looks strong. I like that they gave her the ability to split damage and thwarting. And I'm excited to see how the cards with different actions depending on hero size work in practice.

Equally adept as part of a team or striking out on her own, Wasp makes a crucial addition to any player’s collection of cards for Marvel Champions: The Card Game. Look for the Wasp Hero Pack to release this November!

If this releases in nov. as per article, we may still get antman in oct or nov!

Was anybody able to preorder the pack on the Asmodee site?

17 hours ago, maniakmedic said:

It says not yet released on FFGs products page. I’d expect that changes within a few days. Edit: and it has, pre-ordered today :)

Edited by Derrault
2 hours ago, maniakmedic said:

Sadly no. Hopefully we can preorder soon.

11 hours ago, maniakmedic said:

I want to see what the rest of All for One says.

My guess is:

Hero Action (attack): Deal 3 damage to an enemy and exhaust any number of characters you control. Deal 1 additional damage for each character exhausted in this way.

I think Mighty Thor (Jane Foster) should be able to use/call Mjlonir as well. Have the two Thor's tossing Hammer and Axe between them.

I note that unlike Valkyrie you can't use Make the Call to Trigger Thor (Jane Foster) special action.

I like that Nadia's hero cards give bonuses or different effects in different sizes, whereas Scott has very efficient cards that can only be used in different forms. To me, it implies that Nadia is more versatile (and better trained) but Scott can be incredibly focussed.

Surprise attack seems absurdly strong. 1 for 4, with the only limitation being changing form? Obviously better in Ant/Wasp but still elite in everyone else.

4 hours ago, jonboyjon1990 said:

My guess is:

Hero Action (attack): Deal 3 damage to an enemy and exhaust any number of characters you control. Deal 1 additional damage for each character exhausted in this way.

That's what I'm thinking too. Exhausting an ally to do any more than one damage is better than many blue allies can muster on their own, and it doesn't wound them to do it. Deal 1 per exhausted ally makes the most sense to me. Pretty powerful.

As a side note, 3 Earth's Mightiest Heroes is really powerful in a Justice deck. It won't be near as universal once we start getting non-Avengers characters (Galaxy's Most Wanted). It makes it easy to maximize Goliath's +4 ATK though, and I can't wait to see what it does in a Doctor Strange deck. Here's to playing all 5 of his Invocation cards in a single turn!

04022.jpg 04013.jpg

I never occurred to me to use Earth's Mightiest Heroes with Goliath to pump out 10+ damage in a single turn! Now I really want to try a leadership deck geared toward making that happen...

Just now, maniakmedic said:

I never occurred to me to use Earth's Mightiest Heroes with Goliath to pump out 10+ damage in a single turn! Now I really want to try a leadership deck geared toward making that happen...

I often get 12 and sometimes 18 with Inspired, Skycycle, Team Training, and Honorary Avenger! I think Leadership has gotten the most cards so far and the next pack (Ant-Man) is another Leadership deck.

01074.png 04015.jpg 04016.jpg 03025.png

Yeah! Geat combo @Duciris, thnx for the tip 😉

I can't wait to test Ant-man with Wasp and see how works these "team-up" new mechanic.

It seems Ant-man focus on hit one single target and Wasp can split the damage/thw between... every target she want!! No more damage points lost while other minions have tough!

Edited by aeixea
mispelled

I was just able to pre-order the Wasp. That should feel less like a lottery to me.

I'm skeptical of this "team-up" thing, isn't this essentially just another hero card for ant-man/wasp? Since they can trigger it with their unique ally.

2 hours ago, Duciris said:

That's what I'm thinking too. Exhausting an ally to do any more than one damage is better than many blue allies can muster on their own, and it doesn't wound them to do it. Deal 1 per exhausted ally makes the most sense to me. Pretty powerful.

Also enables Avengers Assemble

30 minutes ago, Supertoe said:

I'm skeptical of this "team-up" thing, isn't this essentially just another hero card for ant-man/wasp? Since they can trigger it with their unique ally.

By being on Basic cards 'Team Up' doesn't take up the incredibly tight slots of a hero's 15 card kit. It's also about a specific pairing of characters, hence Basic cards, rather than hero cards. And it opens up design space for doing Team Up cards for other pre-existing heroes - like Thor whacking Cap's shield or whatever.

3 minutes ago, jonboyjon1990 said:

Also enables Avengers Assemble

Yup.

mc13en_wasp-giant.png

Just noticed that the number of yard lines on the football field beneath her are correct. In a world that looks to point out failures I'm just commenting to celebrate success.

1 hour ago, Duciris said:

I was just able to pre-order the Wasp. That should feel less like a lottery to me.

Thanks for the heads-up! Pre-ordered!

14 minutes ago, jonboyjon1990 said:

By being on Basic cards 'Team Up' doesn't take up the incredibly tight slots of a hero's 15 card kit. It's also about a specific pairing of characters, hence Basic cards, rather than hero cards. And it opens up design space for doing Team Up cards for other pre-existing heroes - like Thor whacking Cap's shield or whatever.

I want that Team Up card.

Also, I think it would be fun if they could make another card for a Cap/Thor hero team up where Thor can throw his hammer to Cap, hitting all the minions in play, and Cap can throw it back, hitting the villain. Or some combination of that.

2 hours ago, Duciris said:

Maybe; I just test ordered the Spider-Woman mat to see if it shows up before my pre-order of RoRS.

I am not sure Aggro needs another low THW cost-4 Ally.... 😒

I love “Lie in Wait” for Thor Aggro.

and the playmat is super nice!