Wasp preview article is up!

By BCumming, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

1 hour ago, smickletz said:

I love “Lie in Wait” for Thor Aggro.

and the playmat is super nice!

It's going to give me a reason to run Get Over Here! with him.

06014.jpg mc13en_lie-in-wait.png

21 hours ago, vmoss said:

Equally adept as part of a team or striking out on her own, Wasp makes a crucial addition to any player’s collection of cards for Marvel Champions: The Card Game. Look for the Wasp Hero Pack to release this November!

If this releases in nov. as per article, we may still get antman in oct or nov!

Pandemics not withstanding, their usual rate of release is one a month for all LCGs. At the rate Arkham & Marvel products have been releasing, I'd say we're back in full swing.

From his announcement article:

Whether he’s infiltrating the villain’s stronghold as an ant-sized interloper or smashing their fortress to bits as a giant, Ant-Man can be the right size for the job. Get ready to change your size, and look for the Ant-Man Hero Pack to release in October!

(Future releases are guessed at continuing to be the first Friday of the month.)

• June 5 - Black Widow
  • July 3 - Dr. Strange
  • Aug. 7 - Hulk
  • Sep. 4 - Rise of the Red Skull
  • Oct. 2 - Ant-Man
  • Oct. 2 - The Once and Future Kang
  • Nov. 6 - Wasp
  • Dec. 4 - Quicksilver
  • Jan. 1 - Scarlet Witch
  • Feb. 5 - The Galaxy's Most Wanted
7 hours ago, Supertoe said:

Surprise attack seems absurdly strong. 1 for 4, with the only limitation being changing form? Obviously better in Ant/Wasp but still elite in everyone else.

I think in practice, it won’t be that great for heroes that don’t want to switch forms a lot, but certainly a consideration for those that do like Ms Marvel, She Hulk and Black Widow...

18 hours ago, Supertoe said:

Surprise attack seems absurdly strong. 1 for 4, with the only limitation being changing form? Obviously better in Ant/Wasp but still elite in everyone else.

Having to be in alter-ego mode, draw it in your draw phase and then be flipping into Hero is a fair restriction I'd say. She-Hulk and Ms Marvel love it, but there's not many other heroes (yet) who will want it.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 6:50 AM, maniakmedic said:

I never occurred to me to use Earth's Mightiest Heroes with Goliath to pump out 10+ damage in a single turn! Now I really want to try a leadership deck geared toward making that happen...

twice? Rookie! :-)

Add a Sky Cycle, Inspiring Presence (or 2...or 3). With very little work and proper deck thinning, it is not hard to have Goliath hit, ready with Sky Cycle, hit, ready with inspiring presence 1-3 more times...he can easily pump out 15-20 damage in a turn. Even better, with a couple Expert Marksmans out and the quiver full, not hard for Hawkeye to add 3-9 damage himself.

25 minutes ago, darthweasel2 said:

twice? Rookie! 🙂

Add a Sky Cycle, Inspiring Presence (or 2...or 3). With very little work and proper deck thinning, it is not hard to have Goliath hit, ready with Sky Cycle, hit, ready with inspiring presence 1-3 more times...he can easily pump out 15-20 damage in a turn. Even better, with a couple Expert Marksmans out and the quiver full, not hard for Hawkeye to add 3-9 damage himself.

Yeah, Iron Man had him deal the first 24 damage to the second stage of Rhino last night. #hijinks

10 hours ago, jonboyjon1990 said:

Having to be in alter-ego mode, draw it in your draw phase and then be flipping into Hero is a fair restriction I'd say. She-Hulk and Ms Marvel love it, but there's not many other heroes (yet) who will want it.

Might be a card worth holding if you draw in hero mode and plan on going AE same turn.

Edited by Ywingscum
On 9/9/2020 at 4:47 AM, jonboyjon1990 said:

My guess is:

That's exactly what I was thinking as well.

On 9/9/2020 at 5:41 AM, James Ravenwood said:

I note that unlike Valkyrie you can't use Make the Call to Trigger Thor (Jane Foster) special action.

Good observation!

On 9/9/2020 at 9:12 AM, Duciris said:

It makes it easy to maximize Goliath's +4 ATK

04022.jpg 04013.jpg

That's a great combo. Seems like Leadership is set now with a bunch of viable builds.

On 9/9/2020 at 11:22 AM, Duciris said:

mc13en_wasp-giant.png

Just noticed that the number of yard lines on the football field beneath her are correct. In a world that looks to point out failures I'm just commenting to celebrate success.

Which also means she wears roughly a size 15' shoe! Speaking of art...

On 9/9/2020 at 3:43 PM, Duciris said:

mc13en_lie-in-wait.png

...this gets my vote for the worst. How the heck is Moon Knight supposed to ambush anyone when he trips on his own cape!

3 hours ago, ObiWonka said:

...this gets my vote for the worst. How the heck is Moon Knight supposed to ambush anyone when he trips on his own cape!

heretic. Moon Knight is awesome and easily able to overcome such minor obstacles because....reasons. The real takeaway is we have Moon Knight art and it is, by definition, awesome. Only a heretic of epic proportions could think otherwise. Expect a visit from Ordo Hereticus shortly. And possibly also the Spanish Inquisition

1 hour ago, darthweasel2 said:

heretic. Moon Knight is awesome and easily able to overcome such minor obstacles because....reasons. The real takeaway is we have Moon Knight art and it is, by definition, awesome. Only a heretic of epic proportions could think otherwise. Expect a visit from Ordo Hereticus shortly. And possibly also the Spanish Inquisition

I want him to have multiple personalities - only able to take certain actions based on whichever persona is operating. Similar to Lola Hayes (without the deckbuilding) from the Arkham LCG.

3 hours ago, darthweasel2 said:

I'm gonna make a version of the card called "Stand on Cape" and everything will be exactly the same except "discard Stand on Cape -> deal 3 damage to that minion that minion deals 3 damage to you."

My guess is: that's actually a table cloth he prepared by putting it over the tree branch so he could stand there and keep his gear spotless. It only looks like he's standing on his cape! :D

6 hours ago, HirumaShigure said:

My guess is: that's actually a table cloth he prepared by putting it over the tree branch so he could stand there and keep his gear spotless. It only looks like he's standing on his cape! :D

close...when he goes to jump, the cape will tear off. Being attached to his costume, that will also tear off and you will then truly understand why he is called "Moon" Knight...

I'll get my hat and coat on my way out the door

On 9/9/2020 at 2:43 PM, Duciris said:

It's going to give me a reason to run Get Over Here! with him.

06014.jpg mc13en_lie-in-wait.png

So it looks like he's keeping his cape from being visible to the people walking beneath him, but he doesn't need to: if these people can't see a boulder sized pure white object in a jungle, they're blind.

43 minutes ago, Duciris said:

So it looks like he's keeping his cape from being visible to the people walking beneath him, but he doesn't need to: if these people can't see a boulder sized pure white object in a jungle, they're blind.

People generally don't look up for threats, but he's nowhere near high enough for that to be true in this instance.

9 minutes ago, maniakmedic said:

People generally don't look up for threats, but he's nowhere near high enough for that to be true in this instance.

Exactly. I taught a few of my old coworkers to check over their shoulders when they enter a bathroom, just in case Spider-Man is up there.

On 9/10/2020 at 12:14 PM, darthweasel2 said:

twice? Rookie! :-)

I see what you're saying but in that example Goliath dies from consequential damage after the second attack, best case scenario after the third attack D:

14 hours ago, Jonathan4290 said:

I see what you're saying but in that example Goliath dies from consequential damage after the second attack, best case scenario after the third attack 😧

Well then you're just not trying hard enough! 😜

I leave him in play (using him for Earth's Mightiest Heroes) until I can use him properly, so I've gotten him up to 7 a few times. Still haven't gotten him to swing 4 times yet, but it's coming!

04016.jpg 03025.png 03025.png

Edited by Duciris
15 hours ago, Jonathan4290 said:

I see what you're saying but in that example Goliath dies from consequential damage after the second attack, best case scenario after the third attack D:

you may want to read Inspiring Presence :-) The text is key to the gimmick.

. "Heal 1 damage from an ally and ready it".

He is sitting on 3 damage, 1 hp...doesn't work. You have to start no later than 2 damage and 2 hp.

Activate his plus 4, use him, Inspiring Presence to heal 1 damage, use his ability, Inspiring Presence, Ability, Inspiring, Ability, Sky Cycle...5 uses with a 6 card hand. (or if you have a Helicarrier/Quincarrier/one of the Enhanced out...)

If you want to make it really stupid, have 2 other Avenger allies out, start him with no damage, have resource generators and a hand full of Inspiring and Earths Mightiest Heroes, it can get downright silly, although it takes some work to set up. Rare to maximize it, but a deck like Hawkeye running the bow, quiver, 2 expert Marksman, Helicarrier, Avengers Mansion, Quincarrier, a couple of the Enhanced, get a couple allies out and a skycycle….you can easily get your deck down to 20 or 25 cards which will help get multiple copies of those cards in hand without any "hold onto this card for a couple turns" shenanigans...of course, part of the problem is by the time you get this set up the villain may be dead anyway...