Still not giving up on Corran (Batrep With Pics) Now with Dash as a Wingman!

By RoockieBoy, in X-Wing Battle Reports

Hi guys! If you’ve read anything from me in these forums you’ll probably know I’m a Corran fan. I used him a lot in 1.0, and since the start of 2.0, when he was WAY more expensive. Even with all the points dropped I still don’t think he’s top tier or anything like that, but sometimes it’s just nice being the underdog. Here’s the wacky list I’ve been running lately:

SenseLeia/Corran/Farrell:

(77) Leia Organa [Modified YT-1300 Light Freighter]
(5) Sense
(3) Millennium Falcon

(64) Corran Horn [E-wing]
(2) "Chopper"
(10) Advanced Sensors
(3) Elusive

(36) Jake Farrell [RZ-1 A-wing]

Total points: 200

200 points of Rebel fun! After 3 test games (pre points, so I had a 2-3p bid instead of Sense on Leia) I took the list to a FLGS 10 player tournament. Here’s how it went...

Round 1 vs 4 Sabers/Soontir:

He chose to move second, so I tried blocking with Jake. I deployed Jake in the center, Corran on my left, and Leia on my right. Jake would support whoever had more chances of destroying an interceptor asap. I was a bit careless with Corran at the beginning and he lost 2 shields early to Soontir’s nattie hits, but the turn later Leia was able to strip one interceptor of his focus, and Jake’s 3 hits plus 3 enemy blanks got me my first kill. Corran arc dodged all arcs but was still too pressured to regen safely.

FD068271-A320-4C02-8992-533D23D5DA23.jpe

The following turn Corran used AS to regen a shield, and recharged elusive with a 4k. Leia then gave him a focus. I had to spend the elusive charge on defense as my opponent rolled well, but it saved me 1 damage.
779244C4-4E35-4DA3-920F-BF545503EEE7.jpe

The following turn Leia had to go over the rock (taking a hit in the process) with a 3 hard to avoid landing on it with a 2 hard, but Jake gave her a focus before activating. As Corran was stressed, I couldn’t avoid the bump, but luckily I only lost 1 shield.

5F62CE22-0D99-4F53-A84C-78A559EE68B8.jpe

The next turn I tried to put pressure on Soontir, so decided to confront him with Corran face to face. So I needed tokens...I dialed a 1 hard to the right, which dodged 2 arcs, used AS to evade, recharged elusive, and received a focus thanks to Leia. I already had a TL on Soontir from the first turn, so if I was able to catch him, he’d have a bad day. Luckily for my opponent, the right boost fit between a saber and the rock, so Soontir avoided Corran’s arc. Shame!

FF2588C4-F1A1-4784-94EE-806939D47098.jpe

The next turn Leia got bumped by a Saber, and was going to get 2 range 1 shots from Soontir (double focus thanks to bullseye) and another saber. Soontir only rolled 2 hits (he didn’t have predator or anything apart from focus, so I only lost 1 shield.
Leia got 3 hits eyeball and used the force for all four hits. Soontir got 2 blanks 1 evade and went boom! Lucky me! Corran also got one saber on his bullseye at R1 and nuked him, so the game was pretty much decided there. Corran regen’d another 2 shields before time was called and ended up with full health.

Win 144-0

Round 2 vs Lando/Asajj/Koshka:

A nice scum list that likes to deal stress, not what I like to see with my AS Corran...

This time I deployed Jake closer to Corran and he hanged around for support. First combat round Koshka played too conservatively and was too far to contribute. Jake blocked Asajj, but Corran had to shoot Lando. I spent the focus for 3 hits and Lando lost all shields. Leia took 2 shields off Asajj. I had to spend the evade on Corran but dodged Asajj’s shot. Lando took 1 shield off Jake, who whiffed on Lando.

44D5868D-1C54-4FE8-B992-E8AFF4E02A80.jpeg

A few turns later Koshka was back, but I had traded Lando for Jake and almost half of Asajj.
Corran had lost a few shields so I tried to regen but a mistake on my opponent’s part (he confessed he bumped Assaj into Koshka unintentionally) turned out great for him as Corran’s 4k was blocked by Leia. I was at least able to get half points on Asajj when the next round her 5k landed on a rock.
Corran ran hugging the board edge, getting ready to recharge elusive and try to start regening.
724C8ECA-2E10-4E4A-A989-08B09F4652A6.jpe
Leia took a few turns to clear her 2 stresses (a boost to avoid Koshka’s rear arc and Asajj’s ability, but between both ships I was able to kill Asajj just before time was called. I had to double tap with Corran, but it was worth it.
60C0FE59-D906-42D6-BEDF-2BEA556754F0.jpe
Win 161-76
Round 3 vs Wedge/Corran/Gavin:
Another Corran performing well! My opponent also loves Corran (he’s a more veteran player than me so he’s been playing him even before I started playing X-Wing. We’re the only 2 players in the store playing Corran regularly, and also taking him to big tournaments.
I deployed as usual, but he seemed obsessed with Leia (locked her with both E-Wings) so I flanked with Corran while the princess turned away. This round the dice gods smiled at me as Wedge was out of range, and both Corran and Leia got 3 hits each with only one mod, and Gavin, who was tokenless rolled 1 evade and a bunch of eyeballs in his 8 greens, surviving on 1 hull...

02A44233-7614-4F92-967D-6DC77D5B7C35.jpeg

The following turn I didn’t know where enemy Corran and Wedge would go, so I spent Leia’s force to see Corran’s dial. Leia would probably take 2 full mod shots from Gavin and Corran, but if my Corran could hurt Wedge it could be worth the trade.
Wedge had to BR to avoid getting shot by my Corran, but also lost his shot.

C75BF734-585E-4AC5-BF94-A36AD5C6A3E7.jpeg

Leia nattied 3 hits, and Gavin was 1 evade short so he died without getting a shot off... pretty unlikely...

F19A2E2A-C9D9-4827-BA30-9DBCD67DBE9C.jpe

With Gavin gone I tried to kill Wedge, as he wasn’t letting me roll any greens on Leia and was the scariest.

Leia took long to die as she was arc dodging Corran and only getting shot by Wedge.

She finally died, but enemy Corran had lost all 3 shields, and Wedge lost 2 shields to a lucky R3 shot from Jake.

CB98764B-B236-4CF2-A361-0A019964735E.jpeg
A turn later I blocked Wedge with Jake to avoid getting shot while the enemy Corran was turning around.
The following turn I hard turned Corran to face Wedge, and this time he couldn’t BR away because of the rocks. Wedge got only 2 damage as he wanted to keep the focus, and I evaded one, and kept my focus for attack. Corran got an amazing crit crit crit focus and spent it for all 4.
Wedge spent his focus to evade 2, but he got a damaged sensor array and a direct hit! Knowing it would be hard to get another R1 shot on Wedge I decided to double tap, even though I was tokenless. I got 2 of 4 and Wedge only evaded 1 so he exploded.

40A8AA36-8BA3-466D-A72F-B98DE74DEDCD.jpeg

Both Corrans danced around for a few turns until I read his 3 segnor behind my Corran, and blocked myself (not before getting a focus from Jake and a TL with AS) into the side of Jake to block the red maneuver, and get a shot at a blocked Corran. Enemy Corran was destroyed, and I took my first damage card on Corran all day!

Win 200-125

I won all 3 games, but another player had more MOV so I ended up 2nd. I had a lot of good dice rolls and had a great time flying the E-Wing.

Edited by RoockieBoy
fixed stuff

Great work! Thanks for sharing!

Took me a minute to figure out that chopper, advanced sensor, elusive combo. Plus the jake focus is gravy on top. Love it.

24 minutes ago, TBot said:

Took me a minute to figure out that chopper, advanced sensor, elusive combo. Plus the jake focus is gravy on top. Love it.

Yeah it’s a nice little trick. Not too competitive, but fun enough to try it out in small tournaments. Leia granting him a focus after completing the red maneuver is the icing on the cake. And maybe (haven’t tried it yet) AS can help against that bug infestation there seems to be flourishing...

After seeing Bartosz and Oli doing pretty well with Dash, I decided to try him out, but of course, with Corran instead of Chopper Vcx (Bartosz’s list) or Wedge & Jake (Oli’s).

Here’s the exact list:

How Dash this look?

(85) Dash Rendar [YT-2400 Light Freighter]
(8) Perceptive Copilot
(10) Bistan
(4) Trick Shot
(14) Outrider

(64) Corran Horn [E-wing]
(10) R2-D2
(2) Fire-Control System
(2) Crack Shot

Total points: 199

I took the list to a 8 player tournament, and took some pics...

Round 1 vs 7x Vultures & 0-66:

I deployed Dash on my left and Corran on my right. I was pretty sure he’d go after Dash so I tried flanking with Corran. First combat round Dash lost a shield and only did 1 damage on a vulture.
Next turn Corran went 5s to try and get on the blind side of the Infiltrator, but the BR from one of the drones blocked my left boost and Corran was left in 2 arcs, losing 2 shields, dealing 2 damage to the sith infiltrator.

Dash had to BR away as at least 3 drones would have shots on him.

444FCD07-46D8-42B1-8F8F-142099D84F17.jpeg

The following turn Corran couldn’t turn in, as he could be easily blocked, so I decided to do a s-loop to the right, and regen. 0-66 surprised me with a 5k, which landed him on debris, right next to Dash, who had done a 2s to get behind that debris. Dash killed a healthy drone with the first shot, and did another 2 shields on the infiltrator with the Bistan’s shot. Corran lost the shield he had just recovered.

095A07EC-3456-4F2D-AD9F-11C19DAA7C17.jpeg

The following turn was looking pretty bad for Corran, as he was stressed, and could be easily blocked. I bumped a drone, but was was thankful enough to be only in the arc of the infiltrator and 2 drones. Dash used his big gun and killed another healthy drone, taking a strain to make sure he died as he spent a calculate to try to add an evade (K2-B5). The 2nd shot was less fruitful but still damaged another drone. Corran was now only going to be shot by the infiltrator and one drone, and the infiltrator rolled FOUR blanks! Lucky me! The drone did 2 damage to Corran, but he was still alive.

The following turn I hard one’d to the left with Dash, while Corran did a 1 bank right, bumping the Infiltrator, being at R1 of 3 drones. Dash kept erasing drones and this time killed 2 of the ones trying to fire at Corran. So only one R1 shot, and Corran lost another R2-D2 shield and a damage card. Still hanging there...
Dash lost 2 shields to a R1 droid shot, but was still 2 damage away from being halved.
Last turn was called, and Dash did a 3 turn around the rock, erasing another 2 drones. The Outrider title was huge this game! Corran bumped the infiltrator and finally had a shot, where he killed the last drone with the help of crackshot.
140-39 Win
Edited by RoockieBoy
Spelling

Round 2 vs Republic (3x Bravo torps, Y-Wing Ani):

The list was pretty weird, but it had a lot of shenanigans for a strong alpha (2 plasma, 1 proton). Anakin had battle meditation, and one bravo had passive sensors, so 2 of them would get locks at I6. I was very careful with the approach, which looked like this... (sorry for the blurry pic)

56CCA090-EE9D-4C67-9309-829589CC7D90.jpeg

No meaningful shots were fired, but the following turn would be big...

My opponent made a slight mistake in the approach, which turned out to be huge... He bumped the passive sensors bravo, making Anakin bump him as well. This meant no torpedoes this round, and I’d only have to suffer the primary guns.

E80008F0-35EE-4E6D-A5E9-8F52962005D9.jpeg

Corran shot first, hurting the one he had TLd, while Dash’s first shot left the bravo on 1 hull. The Bistan shot also half pointed another Bravo. I lost a couple shields in return.
The following turn I did a nice move. Corran did an s-loop behind all the naboo ships, getting bullseye on the really damaged one, while at the same time blocking Anakin’s move. Dash got blocked but would only take Anakin’s primary and a R1 from the Bravo if I killed the hurt one.

D673FFED-7F02-4E88-85BB-37F69AC8182A.jpeg

Corran had to spend Crackshot, but killed the 1 hull bravo, while Dash was only able to get one more through on the wounded Naboo. Dash was halved.

525AB46C-5862-4197-A0EA-7A3E64BDDA04.jpeg
The following turn the wounded Naboo was killed, but Dash was getting damaged pretty fast.

Another turn later I started to hit Anakin hard, leaving him on 2 hull, just like Dash, who tried to get some distance.

C3683200-5720-4F05-9C02-302FD788E721.jpeg

A few turns later Dash was able to kill Anakin, and Corran took the shields off the last enemy ship, but the Bravo was finally able to get a plasma torpedo off, getting all 3 hits without spending the lock. I evaded one, and Corran was halved.

39E35008-DBDE-4430-A5E5-2666CBBE1F9B.jpeg

Time was called so we played last round. The Bravo tallon’d to get a shot at Corran, but I was able to BR left arc dodging the Naboo, while regening above half. Dash got a nice shot at a tokenless Bravo and the naboo ship died.

9D5D0C07-B8FC-4C06-9292-905040E077E6.jpeg

Win 200-61

Edited by RoockieBoy

Round 3 vs First Order (Kylo, LeHuse, Rivas, Concussion Sf):

Getting the approach right was going to be tricky, as both Kylo and LeHuse would move after my list. Kylo could get into Dash's doughnut hole pretty easily...

I split my forces and tried to go after Kylo. Corran ended up in too many arcs, but was able to take 2 shields off Kylo. As he blanked out, he showed Corran the dark side, and a hit hit crit from the concussion missile meant Corran took a panicked pilot and was probably dead next turn. Knowing this, I decided to sacrifice him, trying to take the silencer with him.

089E2529-6B3A-48B2-9B80-FA46BBAEAF7B.jpe

Corran was 1 evade away from surviving it, but at least he took Kylo with him.

The following turn my opponent's reds went cold, and Dash only suffered 1 damage, while dealing 3 to Rivas and 1 shield on the SF.

FCDCF525-17B4-4E68-810C-9233270875A7.jpe

The next turn Dash was able to kill Rivas, as my opponent kept rolling no evades.

FB90B139-9F22-4026-8D08-9C7A5239787B.jpe

Pretty healthy Dash against 2 ships seemed good, and I kept trying to mantain distance with the SF, hiding behind clouds for protection. LeHuse tried to BR to get out of range but was caught at R3 my a hair's width, and Dash halved him.

8F69A4FF-A68A-4450-AD98-280C8022AEAA.jpe

A few rounds later Dash took some damage but not enough to give up half points, and was able to Kill LeHuse, and my opponent conceded.

A1EF5A0F-9506-4CAF-B94F-AB1C3850C970.jpe

Win 200-78

Overall a great X-Wing night. My dice were pretty good, and I enjoyed flying Dash for the first time ever.

I'll keep flying him a bit more... stay tuned!

Edited by RoockieBoy