2 v 1 format?

By thinkbomb, in Star Wars: Destiny

So, our group is new to the game. We've been collecting some of the boxes, having fun, but there's only 3 of us.

We tried normal multiplayer with 3 players ... but ultimately we weren't really a fan.

We tried setting up a 2 v 1 format ... we're on to something (since we can tell we can have fun with it), but ultimately we haven't been able to get the math/balance right.

So ... that brings us to this forum post.

I'm just wondering if anyone has figured out a way to do a good 2v1 format. The way we were experimenting with it was having the two teams compose decks unique to this experience with...
- different character point values
- different deck sizes
- action/turn order
- different hand sizes
- etc

If any of you have found a 2v1 format that works, please let me know.

Again, thanks in advance!

I tried it once where the team with 1 person has double points and cards, and each time one of his opponents takes a turn he takes one. So, if Jeff is the 1 person team, and Andrea and Smith are the 2 person team, then the turn order would be: Jeff, Andrea, Jeff, Smith, Jeff, Andrea, etc. I think it sort of worked out, but honestly I don't remember how it went. We did 7 cards for the one person, but I think 8-10 is a feasible option as well. When anyone claims the battlefield, nobody else can claim it for that round.

That's about all I got.

1 minute ago, Sykeman2020 said:

I tried it once where the team with 1 person has double points and cards, and each time one of his opponents takes a turn he takes one. So, if Jeff is the 1 person team, and Andrea and Smith are the 2 person team, then the turn order would be: Jeff, Andrea, Jeff, Smith, Jeff, Andrea, etc. I think it sort of worked out, but honestly I don't remember how it went. We did 7 cards for the one person, but I think 8-10 is a feasible option as well. When anyone claims the battlefield, nobody else can claim it for that round.

That's about all I got.

That was pretty close to what we experimented with. The potential's there, but we weren't able to get the precise balance right ... hence me asking around if anyone got a balance that worked. ^^;