Plant (as in vegetation) Adversaries

By jendefer, in Genesys

Does anyone have any interesting plant adversaries? I've got the Forest Guardian and the Aymhelin Scion from the Denizens of Terrinoth deck, but I'm looking around for other ideas. I'm about to start GMing a fantasy setting, but not specifically Terrinoth, so I'm open to any suggestions.

There's the carnivorous plant from RoT in the jungle area at the end of the book, FYI. Secrets of the Crucible also has two plant enemies in the Creatures section, and there is a mushroom men adversary in there as well.

Giant Venus flytraps or treants/ents are common, but if you're looking at more variety and options, you could base some on Pokemon, which has a variety of plant monsters.

33 minutes ago, Swordbreaker said:

There's the carnivorous plant from RoT in the jungle area at the end of the book, FYI.

Thanks! I was so focused on forests, it slipped my mind that I could find applicable stuff in swamp/jungle material too.

1 hour ago, BrickSteelhead said:

A ton of the animals from SWRPG would work as monstrous plants

Another really good point! Of course animals can be reskinned as plants! I've been mostly playing a PC rather than GMing for the past year, so I need to get my head back into the right space. :)