Armada RitR Chicago - Act I Pivotal Battle

By Aahz 1, in Star Wars: Armada Battle Reports

We recently concluded the Act I pivotal battle in our current RitR campaign (Empire chose Demonstration of Force). After a brutal beat down by the Empire in our first RitR campaign, we restarted with revised fleets, and the Rebels are showing more life this time around (and I managed to take enough pictures to actually share some) ...

The players

Rebels - The Rock, Wetbar, and Aahz

Empire - Moff Jotto, Princess Slay-a, and Darth Imperious

Round 1
XTfNs8r.jpg

(scarily, that is Demolisher...)

( Ru9ZB4x.jpg

(look at that Sith ISD - horrible yet oh so beautiful)

9zdi8i6.jpg

The Rebels bunching up for warmth, not because they are scared of Demolisher. Hiding behind . . . I mean deploying behind their screen of extremely brave bomber pilots and the real heroes of the battle about to happen, the unsung VCX pilots.

7KcIgV6.jpg

Round II

After some inconclusive shooting to and from the station in Round 1:

Hjzse2N.jpg

Rebels and Empire inching forward

1hxIa8g.jpg

ebcaL2t.jpg

Demolisher and the Corvus swinging round

Round 3

79C9qeJ.jpg

It's about to get real

UsiKeUm.jpg gjbynrw.jpg

As Soontir remarks to Howlrunner, "Wow, that's a lot of fighters coming our way..."

CQ9zxXR.jpg

Round 4

j4Dbu4f.jpg

Shara and Tycho manage to tie down the Imperial fighters while the bombers do their thing (Tycho dies pretty quickly but Shara nearly survives the entire battle)

G9zaOeG.jpg

For those playing along at home, that's Biggs, 2 generic x-wings, Norra and Gold Squadron (for the bombers), along with Jan to weigh down the Imperial spirits... That center ISD won't survive the bombs plus the follow up hits from the long range shot of the potato in the back. Somehow, the MC30 survives the Victory, though, and that will be costly for the Empire next turn.

xD4gKt6.jpg

Demolisher getting ready to do it's thing...but due to stupid ... I mean brilliant piloting by my Space Potato, the MC75 bumps and doesn't move forward. Don't worry, Demolisher, you will get your chance to fork that potato instead of the MC75 soon.

Really long game by this point so only a couple more photos.

Round 5

3WL7Fxd.jpg

Wow, crazy picture. Lots of ships are going to explode now. Demolisher activates first, taking out my Space Potato (RIP). But that allows the MC30 in the front of the Sith ISD to activate at point blank range of that ISD, inflicting massive damage. That Sith ISD goes, taking out the hero Rebel transport in the middle (why all the hate for bomber command center, guys?) and that MC30. Then that ISD bumps Demolisher. In short order, the Victory on the far right will get killed by the other MC30, and Demolisher and the Sith ISD will join it at the hand of the MC75 and the surviving Space Potato (hey, how come all my ships died @sarumanthewhite and none of yours did LOL?). Onto the final round...

Round 6

O8V9bLz.jpg

Mop up time for the Rebels after the prior round. Gold Squadron kills the Corvus and a couple of Gozantis get deleted as well. Shara finally falls, but she gets a posthumous medal of valor for tying up those Imperial squadrons for basically the entire game. Final score was 519-271. Onto Act II!