bumping buzz droids?

By player655164, in X-Wing Rules Questions

Hello,

I am a rather new player to X-wing and have bene flying exclusively the Separatists.

I recently played a game where I launched buzz droids which failed to hit my opponent. I left the buzz droids where they were and later on "landed" on my own buzz droids. My own assumption was that the card's text clearly specifies the buzz droids have no effect on the player that launched them.

My opponent questioned whether or not since buzz droids are similar to ships (inasmuch as they have an initiative value, agility, and hull) I should not be able to "land" on my own buzz droids. Instead he asked if they should obstruct my other ships' movements in the same way that any other friendly ship would, and that my ship should "bump" the buzz droids and fail to complete its maneuver.

My assumption has always been that a player's own buzz droids have absolutely no effect on their own ships movements. In other words, I always assumed that a player can freely fly through or land on that player's own buzz droids, and that all of their ships' maneuvers would continue to be counted as completed maneuvers (and would still be able to take an action) regardless of passing through or landing on buzz droids. Is this correct? Or do a player's own buzz droids have any effect on the maneuver's of that players other ships that I am unaware of?

Your assumption is correct. The buzz droids will not affect your ships.

Thank you!

your ships can get in the way of a Buzz Droid's RELOCATION (due to an enemy ship's overlap), but your devices won't attach or relocate based on their movement.

On 9/6/2020 at 11:57 AM, player655164 said:

I left the buzz droids where they were and later on "landed" on my own buzz droids. My own assumption was that the card's text clearly specifies the buzz droids have no effect on the player that launched them.

In general, it means that, but doesn't say that specifically. Wording of the first line is.

Remote_BuzzDroidSwarm.png

"After an enemy ship moves through or overlaps you..."

Buzz droids are friendly to you, thus you do not trigger its relocation effect.

Edited by Lyianx
fixed broken image
8 minutes ago, Lyianx said:

In general, it means that, but doesn't say that specifically. Wording of the first line is.

300?cb=20190307205335

"After an enemy ship moves through or overlaps you..."

Buzz droids are friendly to you, thus you do not trigger its relocation effect.

Fandom ****** with your link (looks like in this case we need to chop everything past the .png)...

On 9/6/2020 at 5:57 PM, player655164 said:

[...]
My opponent questioned whether or not since buzz droids are similar to ships (inasmuch as they have an initiative value, agility, and hull) I should not be able to "land" on my own buzz droids. Instead he asked if they should obstruct my other ships' movements in the same way that any other friendly ship would, and that my ship should "bump" the buzz droids and fail to complete its maneuver.
[...]

On this specific point:

Buzz Droids are "Remotes", not "Ships".
Remote do not block movements.

18 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Fandom ****** with your link (looks like in this case we need to chop everything past the .png)...

Yeeahh, i was afraid it was going to do that.

A question that kinda relates to this thread.

Let's say i shoot a discord with my I1 vulture and it attaches to an enemy ship at I2. The following turn I complete my maneuver and land on the buzz droid that is attached to the enemy ship but I don't bump the enemy ship.

So do the buzz droids need to relocate to the back of the enemy ship or do they stay there attached to the front?

My hunch is since there are already placed that they ignore my ship and stay there until that ship moves but I just want to clarify.

@WileECoyote36

GlbmqUP_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

You’re correct I believe. Only ENEMY ships trigger anything.

Edited by JBFancourt
8 minutes ago, JBFancourt said:

You’re correct I believe. Only ENEMY ships trigger anything.

Hes completely correct. Buzz Droid Swarm ignore friendly ships. As said in the first line of its text.

After an enemy ship moves through or overlaps you..

1 hour ago, Lyianx said:

Hes completely correct. Buzz Droid Swarm ignore friendly ships. As said in the first line of its text.

Yup. The only time that a Buzz Droid swarm cares about a friendly ship, is when it is forced to relocate due to an enemy ship's movement. Since the relocation can't overlap any object (ship, obstacle, or other device), it looks at everything, friendly, allied * , and enemy alike.

* - Allied ships are something new, that's coming up sometime in the future. We don't know yet what qualifies a ship as "allied," but we do know that they're neither friendly nor enemy, so they wouldn't trigger either kinds of effects. (Personally, I have my suspicions about the potential for mixed-faction play, to come in the new year; likely adding the ability to "hire" a ship from another faction, at an extra cost. Those hired ships would be "allied.")

1 hour ago, emeraldbeacon said:

Yup. The only time that a Buzz Droid swarm cares about a friendly ship, is when it is forced to relocate due to an enemy ship's movement. Since the relocation can't overlap any object (ship, obstacle, or other device), it looks at everything, friendly, allied * , and enemy alike.

I think that's why i was confused, becuase normally they don't affect friendlies except that one situation. Just didn't know if it was different because i landed on it while attached. This all clears it up! Thanks!

1 hour ago, emeraldbeacon said:

* - Allied ships are something new, that's coming up sometime in the future. We don't know yet what qualifies a ship as "allied," but we do know that they're neither friendly nor enemy, so they wouldn't trigger either kinds of effects. (Personally, I have my suspicions about the potential for mixed-faction play, to come in the new year; likely adding the ability to "hire" a ship from another faction, at an extra cost. Those hired ships would be "allied.")

Term is in the Epic Battles RR. It means ships that are part of a list belonging to another player who is on the same team as you. Allied ships do not count as friendly ships.

32 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

It means ships that are part of a list belonging to another player who is on the same team as you

Eh, not really, no.

Some ships/devices controlled by the same player are allied to each other instead of being friendly .

The controlling player isnt the limiting factor to being allied.

My guess is, Allied objects will be things like, Objectives or Scenario ships that are put in place as an objective much like the 1E core's "Senator's Shuttle Token" or the "Class-E Cargo Container" in the CR-90 xpac. Objects the player will need to control but are not part of their 'build list'. Things FFG doesn't want 'friendly ship' ability's to enhance and break the scenario with.