Quicksilver revealed?

By TheSpitfired, in Marvel Champions: The Card Game

Hey all,

I just noticed that FFG published their "Live in September" article where they cover what games they will be live streaming on twitch this month.

On September 23rd they are playing Marvel Champions, and the title says "Quicksilver announcement and Rise of Red Skull Gameplay."

So, Quicksilver could be our next hero pack? Anyone know anything else? Sorry if this is old news or already known.

Is it possible Quicksilver could be released both as a hero pack and a villain pack? That would be a fun twist and true to the character as far as I know.

The next hero pack is Ant-Man (releasing alongside the Kang villain pack in October). Then we get Wasp in November. She will be followed by Quicksilver in December and Scarlet Witch in January. Then we get the second campaign expansion (Galaxy's Most Wanted) in February.

1 hour ago, TheSpitfired said:

Hey all,

I just noticed that FFG published their "Live in September" article where they cover what games they will be live streaming on twitch this month.

On September 23rd they are playing Marvel Champions, and the title says "Quicksilver announcement and Rise of Red Skull Gameplay."

So, Quicksilver could be our next hero pack? Anyone know anything else? Sorry if this is old news or already known.

Is it possible Quicksilver could be released both as a hero pack and a villain pack? That would be a fun twist and true to the character as far as I know.

They’ve announced all of the releases from now until February. The only thing slightly confusing about this is that we haven’t had a Wasp article yet, so potentially between now and the 23rd?

Thank you for the information. Where is everyone talking about this stuff? The only discussion I could find on these forums was for Ant-Man and that's only after the article came out.

The livestream from GenCon.

Thank you, that reiterates what was already said but doesn't answer my last question.

Highly unlikely to be a hero/villain pack but at this point we don't have anything concrete. He seems to be a standard hero pack, which definitely means not enough space for a full villain deck as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see a hero pack come with the same character as a modular set to put into a villain deck, however I'd expect that to be for someone more prominent/infamous as both villain and hero in the comics.

On 9/5/2020 at 11:40 AM, BCumming said:

Highly unlikely to be a hero/villain pack but at this point we don't have anything concrete. He seems to be a standard hero pack, which definitely means not enough space for a full villain deck as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see a hero pack come with the same character as a modular set to put into a villain deck, however I'd expect that to be for someone more prominent/infamous as both villain and hero in the comics.

Sorry, I didn't mean a hero/villain pack all in one, I was more thinking they release a hero pack and a villain pack at relatively the same time. Maybe a fun unofficial gimmick that says you have to beat his scenario before you can play him as a hero. Quicksilver seems perfect for something like that. You could make the argument for wanting someone more prominent but when we're battling against villains like Rhino, Klaw and Taskmaster I don't think a Quicksilver fight is too far off.

Fun speculation either way, thanks for the chat!

On 9/4/2020 at 1:44 PM, t4leswapper said:

The next hero pack is Ant-Man (releasing alongside the Kang villain pack in October). Then we get Wasp in November. She will be followed by Quicksilver in December and Scarlet Witch in January. Then we get the second campaign expansion (Galaxy's Most Wanted) in February.

On 9/4/2020 at 2:32 PM, FearLord said:

They’ve announced all of the releases from now until February. The only thing slightly confusing about this is that we haven’t had a Wasp article yet, so potentially between now and the 23rd?

Soooo fun news, Ant-Man is no longer going to be released in October, just Kang. That's all they really had to give us on the matter, yet, but they'll let us know more when they figure it out.

They did also confirm we'll get a Wasp article before the live-stream, and I'm pretty sure they confirmed that the Hero release order wouldn't be changing, just the timing on some of them.

2 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

Soooo fun news, Ant-Man is no longer going to be released in October, just Kang. That's all they really had to give us on the matter, yet, but they'll let us know more when they figure it out.

They did also confirm we'll get a Wasp article before the live-stream, and I'm pretty sure they confirmed that the Hero release order wouldn't be changing, just the timing on some of them.

Nooooo! I was looking forward to Ant-Man. Where did they mention this?

1 hour ago, maniakmedic said:

Nooooo! I was looking forward to Ant-Man. Where did they mention this?

I'm honestly not sure where it came from originally, but the guy who runs the Hall of Heroes site is the one who said it (attributing it to FFG head of marketing), so... seems legit unfortunately.

I always thought it was odd that they were doubling up on releases in Oct with Kang and Ant-Man anyhow. Think it's just that Ant-Man is delayed to November

That would make sense, but I'm still sad it's pushed back. Stupid virus!

I thought SpiderMana you could see the original discussion. To clarify on the global discord FFG head of marketing Evan Johnson is kind enough to liase with community leaders in informing the player base about shifts in scheduling or arranging for content creator spoilers and so on. As a now admin of the discord I try to collate that information and then post it out publicly as announcements for everyone. This is what I wrote regarding the recent scheduling changes. Hope it helps!

" An update regarding Marvel Champions for products from October onwards direct from FFG Marketing. September Stream Schedule.

Wasp announcement article prior to Quicksilver stream announcement. "we weren't able to make the schedule work out to have a corresponding livestream, unfortunately."

October 2020

The Once and Future Kang. Ant-Man is no longer releasing alongside this scenario pack.

November onwards

Release Order will be the same commencing with Ant-Man . They are uncertain at this time whether releases are going back to one pack per month or another potential double up may occur. FFG where possible will let us know more as information becomes available. Statement: "Sorry for the change-up!"

Additional information.

As this is the global discord it is extremely fortunate FFG is willing to liaison with us to share this information. I hope you appreciate this update and we'll keep everyone posted as more information comes in."