Spending points in a title curriculam

By Daeglan, in Rules Questions

So if you spend points on your title curriculam does half the xp count towards your school rank?

The way I read it, no.

Each XP goes into just one "box".

Agree with Tenebrae.

Spending 20xp on a title is spending 20 xp on the title assuming you actually followed the title's curriculum but you can also spend 18xp on Rings and saying it was for title advancement and it's only going to count 9xp.

That is what I thought. and so if you buy a ring you could apply it to your school or your title but either way it is half for only one of them

37 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

That is what I thought. and so if you buy a ring you could apply it to your school or your title but either way it is half for only one of them

Exactly. At least that's how I've read it.

Awesome. Thank you

Now if a title gives you access to 1 through 3 kata and you are rank one can you buy rank 3 kata.orndonyou have to be rank 3?

I know for dragon you get special access to some kata early

If it's got the diamond marker, you can buy it even if you don't meet the Rank requirments, or are unable to purchase that type of technique

5 hours ago, UnitOmega said:

If it's got the diamond marker, you can buy it even if you don't meet the Rank requirments, or are unable to purchase that type of technique

This is, I feel, the weakest part of titles. Giving privileged access to an entire category of techniques for ranks 2 or 3 ahead of where you are seems problematic. I'd personally remove the diamond from the technique categories in titles, but leave them on for specific techniques. This also means that shugenja who are made yoriki don't get to cherry-pick the best kata to add to their invocations.

At least they specified it didn't allow access to clan-specific techniques anymore.